Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 40,040 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] fm radio on anything other than stock

Tip us?

joe tigercat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] fm radio on anything other than stock

so this has been asked before for the htc desire c, but never answered.

has anyone used custom sense based rom (as i gather these are the only ones capable) of using the fm radio? I'm happy to use stock, but i was getting frequent and untimely reboots of the device with stock. spiritfm is not compatible with the device.

Antagonist42
Old
Thanks Meter 193
It is possible you are one of a few that uses the FM on your phone, I never use it (used it about 3x since mobiles had it as a capability from Nokia 5600 or something like that lol! ) that's probably the most likely answer as to why it's not been (or being) answered

PM a ROM DEV is probably your best bet

Bashing away at my HTC Desire C
Wanna get inside what ya got, gotta get out and find it..I found some!
THE END IS NIGH....S-OFF HERE WE COME...
The Latest ACER E320/C6 Rom From Xakep - Very Slick
ACER E320 1.005.00 ROM EUU

yashsoni
Old
Thanks Meter 3
hi all i have recently got my desire c rooted which was succesful. so i decided to move on a srep further and got to a more advance level and try out custom ROM so i searched abt it and found Cyanogenmod10 to be the most popular and also one of the most supported ROM by developers so i Managed to install all the things properly and now I curreently have CM10 with android 4.1.2 which i great all the things work great and specially the battery life i mean cant even think that my phone had such a long battery life which was possible to acheive with CM10 now i have wifi 3g some gaming and music on all the time since past 1week from the time i got CM10 the battery lasts 1full day plus 3-4 hours more. whereas with stock rom it lasted only 7-8hrs.So CM10 works great inshort.

Now comming to a problem which i faced with CM10- NO FM RADIO app. i did not think abt it earlier but now after flashing i came to know CM does not come with FM . so i did search on net and found Spirit Unlocked and Spirit2 which are 3rd party app as most of you might know for FM radio. and i tried it and the both dnt work at all ,i can install them both but no FM service its just like a app installed it opens and nothing runs no radio works with these two also.
So i thought that if som1could help me with it.what i thought was to get the apk file for FM from stock HTC Desire C rom and try it on my phone with Cm10 but only problem i that where can i get the stock apk file for HTC desire c FM ? can som1 provide me that file ? so i can try it?
thanks

tataee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
sal! you have found ? (stock apk file for HTC desire c FM) ????????

Antagonist42
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Get it by extracting it from revolutionary stock deodexed Rom

At least that's a start for the apk

Bashing away at my HTC Desire C
Wanna get inside what ya got, gotta get out and find it..I found some!
THE END IS NIGH....S-OFF HERE WE COME...
The Latest ACER E320/C6 Rom From Xakep - Very Slick
ACER E320 1.005.00 ROM EUU