Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 48,616 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Am I Hard Bricked, or is this bootloop fixable?

Tip us?

cdavid469
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Unhappy [Q] Am I Hard Bricked, or is this bootloop fixable?

I was on 4.4.2, rooted, with safestrap. In a moment of stupidity I attempted to do a factory data reset from the main phone GUI. The phone powers on, says booting recovery in blue above the custom samsung logo, then powers off, and repeats this process enlessly. I have attempted to get into download mode, but to no avail thus far. What are my options, will a usb job (dongle) help, is there an sd card unbrick.img? What can I do?

denpth
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I had the same issue a bit back. Pull out your battery and put it back in. Hold volume down and the home hard key while powering on device and continue to hold. Then proceed for download mode. Flash the .pit to restore your partitions should be able to get safe strap back on next boot and flash yourself a system to boot. Unless you never actually erased it (my case). I'll keep an eye on this thread for your progress.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to denpth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cdavid469
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by denpth View Post
I had the same issue a bit back. Pull out your battery and put it back in. Hold volume down and the home hard key while powering on device and continue to hold. Then proceed for download mode. Flash the .pit to restore your partitions should be able to get safe strap back on next boot and flash yourself a system to boot. Unless you never actually erased it (my case). I'll keep an eye on this thread for your progress.
to flash the .pit in odin what should be checked

denpth
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavid469 View Post
The same standard options of auto reboot and f reset time. Obviously flash the .pit by the pit option.
The Following User Says Thank You to denpth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

denpth
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavid469 View Post
Also take a look at this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2755970
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to denpth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cdavid469
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
already got it done with the help here, it just needed the pit file

First_N_Last
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Recovery Boot Loop after rooted KitKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by denpth View Post
I had a similar problem... tried to reboot into recovery & has a continual reboot to recovery.

- pulled the battery
- booted to Download Mode
- used ODIN to FLASH .pit - then rebooted

then my problem was completely fixed

Thanks

denpth
Old
Thanks Meter 14
That post has the new recovery in it which resolves the issue you had. It won't happen again if you flash it. Not full NC4 but baseband and recovery and you will stay NC 2 otherwise. Highly recommended.

The Following User Says Thank You to denpth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
bootloop, hard brick, unbrick.img, usb jig