Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,310 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Using Stock Recovery to Downgrade

Tip us?

SphereOfCuriosity
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Question [Q] Using Stock Recovery to Downgrade

Alrighty, I'm new to this neck of the woods, but I did the obligatory forums search and didn't find anything on it, so here goes.

I was messing around this afternoon, playing with ADB and my new Note 3, rebooting into the recovery that looked familiar (sorry for potato, but you get the idea), and I had an idea that I'd not seen: Is it possible to use the stock recovery to downgrade to an official Jelly Bean firmware, then root and have fun?

If anyone has any insight as to how this may or may not work, please, let me know.
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N900A)
Previous Phones (oldest first): Samsung Eternity, (jailbroken) iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, Xperia TL
Current tablet: iPad 2 (refurb) Dell Venue Pro 8 (Win*)

440bro
Old
Thanks Meter 368

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SphereOfCuriosity View Post
Alrighty, I'm new to this neck of the woods, but I did the obligatory forums search and didn't find anything on it, so here goes.

I was messing around this afternoon, playing with ADB and my new Note 3, rebooting into the recovery that looked familiar (sorry for potato, but you get the idea), and I had an idea that I'd not seen: Is it possible to use the stock recovery to downgrade to an official Jelly Bean firmware, then root and have fun?

If anyone has any insight as to how this may or may not work, please, let me know.
Unfortunately no. Downgrading is not possible at this time.

SphereOfCuriosity
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Dammit. Thanks.
Previous Phones (oldest first): Samsung Eternity, (jailbroken) iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, Xperia TL

SphereOfCuriosity
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
At no one in particular: What about Heimdall?
I doubt what I'm thinking of is original, but I've yet to find a thread already started with this topic. If this is in the wrong section, apologies.

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2134

DONATE TO ME
I believe that heimdall has been tried and failed. These bootloaders are signed with keys that we can't Crack within a reasonable amount of time. We need something that can be exploited or a leak.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lost in a paper bag again...
The Following User Says Thank You to graydiggy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
downgrade 4.4.2 to 4.3, root, stock recovery