Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,102 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Get Sense 6.0 Camera back after delete

Tip us?

LAChris67
Old
(Last edited by LAChris67; 19th May 2014 at 08:52 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Get Sense 6.0 Camera back after delete

Hello -- Is it possible to get the APK or (somehow) get the HTC Sense 6 camera restored to my newly upgraded HTC One (M7-TMO-US)? I accidentally (tried to) restore the old Sense 5.5 camera data with Titanium Backup and it killed both stock cameras. I really do not want to re-initiate the full install again as it was problematic going back to stock for me. Any ideas? My friend has a HTC One Max (on the new KK upgrade) and I was going to try to extract the camera with his phone but not sure that would work. I also looked at the OTA/ZIP files for the latest update and can see some APK, etc files in the zip but not the camera.

Anyone with any ideas? THANKS in advance!

LAChris67
Old
(Last edited by LAChris67; 20th May 2014 at 05:06 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAChris67 View Post
Hello -- Is it possible to get the APK or (somehow) get the HTC Sense 6 camera restored to my newly upgraded HTC One (M7-TMO-US)? I accidentally (tried to) restore the old Sense 5.5 camera data with Titanium Backup and it killed both stock cameras. I really do not want to re-initiate the full install again as it was problematic going back to stock for me. Any ideas? My friend has a HTC One Max (on the new KK upgrade) and I was going to try to extract the camera with his phone but not sure that would work. I also looked at the OTA/ZIP files for the latest update and can see some APK, etc files in the zip but not the camera.

Anyone with any ideas? THANKS in advance!
Well, just an update -- I was able to get the APK from my friend's KitKat HTC One Max, but the app wouldn't install, so I am still hoping for a solution. For now using Google Camera and hate it!

gustav30
Old
Thanks Meter 152
If you are on stock tmobile you will need the odex file as well and set permission s on both files.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to gustav30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LAChris67
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustav30 View Post
If you are on stock tmobile you will need the odex file as well and set permission s on both files.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply Gustav ... I had it there and was able to use Root Explorer and set the permissions up properly. Works great now.