2014 Bypass At&t's Throttling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

XiphoneUzer

Nov 30, 2013
After searching all morning chasing my tail, I figured I would come here and ask you guys.

Is there a way to bypass atts throttling on my rooted N3 running jb4.3 ???

440bro

Oct 14, 2008
Cleveland ROCKS!!!
gsomething.net
You can change your data plan and they will stop throttling you then. They may change it for you if you tether without a tethering plan.

The throttle control is handled thru the network. Once you hit a high amount of data, they slow down your service. There's nothing we can do on our end.

stevestebo

Dec 21, 2013
Throttle

You used to be able to bypass it with APNs like AT&T medianet (this worked great, but newer phones won't connect to it I believe) and doing a switch from gsm/E and then back to LTE/GSM in the service menu (This was only temporary and had to be done everytime you rebooted the phone or every few hours). But it might not work anymore. There is a thread about it somewhere in the Galaxy S4 section I believe. You can see.

Reactions: XiphoneUzer

XiphoneUzer

Nov 30, 2013
Tethering too much of the Blackhawks I see. :cyclops:

Yes sir, love my Hawks, and Bellator over the weekend as well as youtube music videos and the news.

I finally after all these years, get a good phone with 4glte speeds, and now att wont let me use it unless im at home connected to wifi !!!!

Surely someone on these forums has figured out a workaround?

graydiggy

Sep 26, 2011
Bryan, TX
As stated before, throttling happens on their side. We have no control. Any attempts to control throttling on the network side to increase speeds would be illegal because it would require unauthorized access to their stuff.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: 440bro

stash9123

Jan 31, 2013
with my old s2 decompiling the services.jar led me to find some throttle.smali files and after i deleted them the network never even registered that i was using data just had full speed all the time tethering or not. sadly there is nothing like that on the note 3 but if i recall correctly there is a file in the etc folder that did mention throttle and was just text saying yes or no..

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
As stated, this is network side. No one here can control the carrier end of the network.
Also, there are several of these threads floating around, there's no need for multiple duplicates, if you don't like the answers given via search and experienced members, I don't know what to tell you.

Thread closed and will be cleaned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As stated, this is network side. No one here can control the carrier end of the network.
    Also, there are several of these threads floating around, there's no need for multiple duplicates, if you don't like the answers given via search and experienced members, I don't know what to tell you.

Thread closed and will be cleaned.
    Throttle

You used to be able to bypass it with APNs like AT&T medianet (this worked great, but newer phones won't connect to it I believe) and doing a switch from gsm/E and then back to LTE/GSM in the service menu (This was only temporary and had to be done everytime you rebooted the phone or every few hours). But it might not work anymore. There is a thread about it somewhere in the Galaxy S4 section I believe. You can see.
    As stated before, throttling happens on their side. We have no control. Any attempts to control throttling on the network side to increase speeds would be illegal because it would require unauthorized access to their stuff.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app