TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more
Thread Deleted

[Q] Is my tablet beyond hope?

OP amca1960

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
21st May 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
For the last two weeks, I've tried pretty much everything I can think of to get my TPT booted again. Symptoms of its current illness include:
  • Lots of error messages when booting into CWM recovery ("E:Can't mount /sdcard" for example)
  • If I attempt to boot normally, I get stuck on the Lenovo logo screen.
  • Randomly I'll boot into CWM recovery and get its logo on the screen, and a line of text, but no menus.
  • Other times I'll attempt to boot into CWM recovery, and just get a blank screen

So last night I used nvflash to put a new CWM recovery into partition 6: after which I was able to boot into CWM with no errors. (Yay) However, when I tried to reinstall CynogenMod (whose zip file was sitting on my external sd card), it hung during the installation. I rebooted anyway; this time it got as far as the CyanogenMod spinning logo and hung there. I went to bed, and seven hours later it was still spinning away.

Then I rebooted into CWM (without errors) and managed to install CM ROM this time also with no errors. However, again I can't boot. I get as far as the Lenovo logo, and if I boot into CWM recovery I have all the mount errors again.

Along the way I've erased the cache; done a factory reset, etc.

So: nvflash, new CWM recovery (but still errors), reinstalled CM ROM, but can't boot into it.

Any suggestions? Has this machine packed it in - is its hardware faulty in some way? Or is there something I could try which I haven't already?

Thanks folks - I think I've reached the limits of my fixing ability, and would be very gratefiul of some advice.

Thanks again,
Al
Subscribe to Thread

Tags
booting issue, cwm recovery, cyanogen mod, lenovo thinkpad tablet, nvflash
Previous Thread Next Thread