Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cannot install ADB driver

OP cpufreak3

20th May 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

95 posts
When I try to install the Kindle fire ADB driver, at the very end, I get a dialog saying the driver did not install properly, or I need to reboot. I reboot and plug my kindle in, and I see the ADB driver show up in device manager. However, adb devices does not recognize it.

The EXACT same file and installation on a different computer worked perfectly fine. Both are Windows 8.1. Any suggestions to get it working on the other (newer) laptop?

My Nexus 5 is recognized by BOTH laptops via adb by the way.
Last edited by cpufreak3; 20th May 2014 at 02:09 AM.
20th May 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #2  
Flag St.Louis Metro
Thanks Meter: 627

1,144 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think you need to turn off driver signature verification. .

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...CgYwT1bb0LIn5w

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st May 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_81

I think you need to turn off driver signature verification. .

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...CgYwT1bb0LIn5w

Well, a few things. I don't get an error about the driver signature. 2nd, it installed perfectly fine without any disabling on my other laptop. 3rd, I actually tried that already, it makes no difference - driver installs, I get an error, and ADB doesn't work.
21st May 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #4  
Flag St.Louis Metro

1,144 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't have windows 8 so I'm shooting from the hip. Try using other USB ports. If that doesn't work, you could try the version of adb in my signature and see if that works.

21st May 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_81

I don't have windows 8 so I'm shooting from the hip. Try using other USB ports. If that doesn't work, you could try the version of adb in my signature and see if that works.

No problem, I appreciate the help. I tried both USB ports already as well (I'm not one of those people who posts on the first failed attempt, I literally tried everything I know). I've also tried the universal ADB drivers, no help.

I'll check out your version of ADB, though I think it's something with the driver and/or installation process. It's just odd that my Nexus 5 connects to ADB fine.
21st May 2014, 03:13 AM   |  #6  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 424

1,742 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpufreak3

No problem, I appreciate the help. I tried both USB ports already as well (I'm not one of those people who posts on the first failed attempt, I literally tried everything I know). I've also tried the universal ADB drivers, no help.

I'll check out your version of ADB, though I think it's something with the driver and/or installation process. It's just odd that my Nexus 5 connects to ADB fine.

You must disable MS driver security or you will not be able to install the drivers manually which you need to do (at this point. Use Stunts modified drivers http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2459498

Edit: Check his signature in the OP at the link.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st May 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #7  
Flag St.Louis Metro

1,144 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had a similar issue with the adb that was included with the binary root. It would never see my device, but the older adb version saw it just fine. I had to replace the adb files in the binary root with the ones from the Kindle fire utility (1st Gen Kindle tool).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread