FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

[Q] Cannot install ADB driver

96 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By cpufreak3, Member on 20th May 2014, 12:45 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
When I try to install the Kindle fire ADB driver, at the very end, I get a dialog saying the driver did not install properly, or I need to reboot. I reboot and plug my kindle in, and I see the ADB driver show up in device manager. However, adb devices does not recognize it.

The EXACT same file and installation on a different computer worked perfectly fine. Both are Windows 8.1. Any suggestions to get it working on the other (newer) laptop?

My Nexus 5 is recognized by BOTH laptops via adb by the way.
Last edited by cpufreak3; 20th May 2014 at 01:09 AM.
 
 
20th May 2014, 03:29 AM |#2  
I think you need to turn off driver signature verification. .

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...CgYwT1bb0LIn5w

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th May 2014, 11:17 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_81

I think you need to turn off driver signature verification. .

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...CgYwT1bb0LIn5w

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well, a few things. I don't get an error about the driver signature. 2nd, it installed perfectly fine without any disabling on my other laptop. 3rd, I actually tried that already, it makes no difference - driver installs, I get an error, and ADB doesn't work.
20th May 2014, 11:21 PM |#4  
I don't have windows 8 so I'm shooting from the hip. Try using other USB ports. If that doesn't work, you could try the version of adb in my signature and see if that works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th May 2014, 11:23 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_81

I don't have windows 8 so I'm shooting from the hip. Try using other USB ports. If that doesn't work, you could try the version of adb in my signature and see if that works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No problem, I appreciate the help. I tried both USB ports already as well (I'm not one of those people who posts on the first failed attempt, I literally tried everything I know). I've also tried the universal ADB drivers, no help.

I'll check out your version of ADB, though I think it's something with the driver and/or installation process. It's just odd that my Nexus 5 connects to ADB fine.
21st May 2014, 02:13 AM |#6  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 432
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpufreak3

No problem, I appreciate the help. I tried both USB ports already as well (I'm not one of those people who posts on the first failed attempt, I literally tried everything I know). I've also tried the universal ADB drivers, no help.

I'll check out your version of ADB, though I think it's something with the driver and/or installation process. It's just odd that my Nexus 5 connects to ADB fine.

You must disable MS driver security or you will not be able to install the drivers manually which you need to do (at this point. Use Stunts modified drivers http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2459498

Edit: Check his signature in the OP at the link.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st May 2014, 02:14 AM |#7  
I had a similar issue with the adb that was included with the binary root. It would never see my device, but the older adb version saw it just fine. I had to replace the adb files in the binary root with the ones from the Kindle fire utility (1st Gen Kindle tool).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes