FORUMS

[Q] Strange random sound coming from my Nexus 5.

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Island Breeze, Junior Member on 19th May 2014, 03:58 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, this use to happen on my Galaxy Nexus and now happens on my Nexus 5. This random fluid sounding set of beeps comes from the phone for no apparent reason. I FINALLY managed to record it after all of these years.

youtu.be/wFEVg5MjK78


Does anyone know what this means and why it happens? Sometimes it will just do it once sometimes multiple times in succession. Then it might not do it for a week. Doesn't matter if the phone is locked or not. Completely random.....

Thanks in advance!
 
 
20th May 2014, 01:57 PM |#2  
MasterAwesome's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,306
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Breeze

Hi, this use to happen on my Galaxy Nexus and now happens on my Nexus 5. This random fluid sounding set of beeps comes from the phone for no apparent reason. I FINALLY managed to record it after all of these years.

youtu.be/wFEVg5MjK78


Does anyone know what this means and why it happens? Sometimes it will just do it once sometimes multiple times in succession. Then it might not do it for a week. Doesn't matter if the phone is locked or not. Completely random.....

Thanks in advance!

Could be due to many problems :
1)motherboard is failing
2)ram is failing
3)water damages causing motherboard to trigger speaker at wrong times (short circuitry)

Did you try overclocking it?

Sent from my Moto G
20th May 2014, 10:40 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterAwesome

Could be due to many problems :
1)motherboard is failing
2)ram is failing
3)water damages causing motherboard to trigger speaker at wrong times (short circuitry)

Did you try overclocking it?

Sent from my Moto G

I overclocked my galaxy nexus but I haven't even tried to root my nexus 5 so no. I have dropped it a few times. Maybe its just that?
21st May 2014, 03:14 AM |#4  
MasterAwesome's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,306
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Breeze

I overclocked my galaxy nexus but I haven't even tried to root my nexus 5 so no. I have dropped it a few times. Maybe its just that?

Yeah probably.. Run a logcat to check what's happening

Sent from my Moto G
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes