Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

I'm a little bit confused as to which ROMS use 4.4 kk kernel? CM, PA, Mahdi?

OP xxxrichievxxx

18th May 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Notting Hill, London
Thanks Meter: 102
 
524 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Hello everyone!

I'm currently on CM11 nightlies on my d800 and I'm a tad bit confused as to what is going on with the 4.4 kernels. What AOSP ROM's are currently using 4.4 and not the JB kernel?

Does that mean CM11 is falling behind because it's still using the JB kernel?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks a bunch!!
18th May 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #2  
Compass Linux's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98
 
216 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Rom List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxrichievxxx

Hello everyone!

I'm currently on CM11 nightlies on my d800 and I'm a tad bit confused as to what is going on with the 4.4 kernels. What AOSP ROM's are currently using 4.4 and not the JB kernel?

Does that mean CM11 is falling behind because it's still using the JB kernel?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks a bunch!!

There is a list that usually has [4.x.x] in the Roms description: [INDEX][REPO][AIO] LG G2 - ROMs | Kernels | MODs | Recoveries [NEW-UPDATED][5.5.14]

By the way, [4.x.x] is the ANDROID ROM version (Jelly Bean, Kit Kat etc), not the KERNEL version.

Compass.
Last edited by Compass Linux; 18th May 2014 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Mistook ROM version for KERNEL version.
19th May 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
I think the OP is confused.. Maybe he's trying to ask the same as i..

1- What are the AOSP ROMs that are actually using the 4.4 LG Sources?

2- We all know that PA is using the 4.4 LG Sources (at least, Houstonn has started to merge them).. So, what ROMs are using Houstonn's source code?
19th May 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Anyone?
19th May 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Notting Hill, London
Thanks Meter: 102
 
524 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeHaveYou

I think the OP is confused.. Maybe he's trying to ask the same as i..

1- What are the AOSP ROMs that are actually using the 4.4 LG Sources?

2- We all know that PA is using the 4.4 LG Sources (at least, Houstonn has started to merge them).. So, what ROMs are using Houstonn's source code?

This is exactly what I'm asking! I didn't know how exactly to type it out.
20th May 2014, 02:10 AM   |  #6  
Compass Linux's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98
 
216 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
I don't have a direct answer. There is the XDA Kernels, but there isn't much there.

I guess searching would be the best thing to do.
Why the worry about the kernels anyway?

Compass.
20th May 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 252
 
600 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Mahdi 2.5 release 1
Paranoid Android 4.3+ betas
Furnace kernel 2.2.x

Those are the only G2 ROMs/kernels that use the full 4.4.x source tree, drivers and binary blobs. You need to use the LG 4.4.x baseband with these ROMs.

All other ROMs and kernels for the G2 use the 4.4.x Android sources with the 4.2.x kernel sources, drivers, and binary blobs. You need to use either the LG 4.2.x baseband, or the 4.4.x baseband modified by dr87.

You cannot mix kernels between ROMs if they use different source trees for the kernels.

And is you use the wrong baseband for the ROM, you will lose sensors, GPS, and auto-rotate; or it will bootloop.

Typos courtesy of my LG G2 (D803) running Mahdi-ROM.
Last edited by phoenix_rizzen; 20th May 2014 at 06:37 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phoenix_rizzen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92
 
287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rizzen

Mahdi 2.5 release 1
Paranoid Android 4.3+ betas
Furnace kernel 2.2.x

Those are the only G2 ROMs/kernels that use the full 4.4.x source tree, drivers and binary blobs. You need to use the LG 4.4.x baseband with these ROMs.

All other ROMs and kernels for the G2 use the 4.4.x Android sources with the 4.2.x kernel sources, drivers, and binary blobs. You need to use either the LG 4.2.x baseband, or the 4.4.x baseband modified by dr87.

You cannot mix kernels between ROMs if they use different source trees for the kernels.

And is you use the wrong baseband for the ROM, you will lose sensors, GPS, and auto-rotate; or it will bootloop.

Typos courtesy of my LG G2 (D803) running Mahdi-ROM.

Only those two ROMs?
21st May 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 252
 
600 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
So far, yes, those are the only two.

Typos courtesy of my LG G2 (D803) running Mahdi-ROM.

The Following User Says Thank You to phoenix_rizzen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes