Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Replace Screen Only

Tip us?
 
qudwis
Old
#1  
qudwis's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 356
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Default [Q] Replace Screen Only

I have a verizon g2 that works except for the lcd.
I went to ebay and amazon and they sell lcd + digitizer for like 100$.
But I only need to replace lcd only.
Is there any site that sells lcd only for a cheap price?

Oh, I have a white one.
 
mjones73
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 783
Posts: 2,850
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North East, MD

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by qudwis View Post
I have a verizon g2 that works except for the lcd.
I went to ebay and amazon and they sell lcd + digitizer for like 100$.
But I only need to replace lcd only.
Is there any site that sells lcd only for a cheap price?

Oh, I have a white one.
From what I've seen it's a bit challenging to separate the two because of how they are glued together.
Matt
LG G2 - VS980 - XDABBEB's VS980 v2.1.0
HTC Rezound - S-Off - Retired
 
qudwis
Old
#3  
qudwis's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 356
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
From what I've seen it's a bit challenging to separate the two because of how they are glued together.
So whether the digitizer is broken or not I should just buy the 100$ one and fix?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
mjones73
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 783
Posts: 2,850
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North East, MD

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by qudwis View Post
So whether the digitizer is broken or not I should just buy the 100$ one and fix?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I was watching this vid - the piece on the bubble wrap is a new screen/digitizer, they are glued together, you'd need to get the digitizer off without breaking it. It's possible I guess, just there's a risk of cracking the glass while separating them.
Matt
LG G2 - VS980 - XDABBEB's VS980 v2.1.0
HTC Rezound - S-Off - Retired
 
nsmal24
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 341
Join Date: Sep 2009
Lcd is the expensive part anyway, just buy them fused.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes