Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,364 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help to completely remove knox

Tip us?

Chewlo Green
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help to completely remove knox

I know people say it a not possible, but I think it is. Im mostly talking about pre-knox devices. Im starting this thread so anyone can post information relevant to knox. What my goal is, is to find a way to completely remove knox. As of right now I know that it is said to be impossible because knox is integrated into the android system. But the way I see it, if there was a way to put knox there, there has to be a way to remove knox.

If it can be put together, it can be taken apart.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chewlo Green For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chewlo Green
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I've seen speculation that if you hard brick your phone and use an unbrick image then you can downgrade to 4.1.2. I dont know enough about this to go tell anyone to do this, but it sounds like it could work. Phones come out of the factory with binary that can not be changed. Post-knox phones have knox included in this binary. Pre-knox phones do not. This makes those phones less secure maybe? Older phones like the galaxy s3 were not created with knox integrated in to the system, so there should be a way to rid them of knox.

If it can be put together, it can be taken apart.