First time rooting: XZU C6806
I just got this device, and I love it, so I donít want to screw this up. Iíve spent the last 4 days researching how to do this, and I want some expertise before I jump in. I have tried to keep the noob questions to a minimum. Please be kind; this is my first time working with Android at all. What Iím trying to accomplish with rooting, because the XZU is so beautiful and big, is the ability to modify the DPI on the device to make it more like a tablet. I may even try Paranoid Android on it, but I will try that after just screwing with the DPI. I am going to lay out the steps I am going to take. Please let me know if the steps I am taking are wrong or if Iíve left out something important. Also, Iíve put my own questions in BOLD
. Please answer those if possible.
As I noted, my device is a C6806, its bootloader is able to be unlocked, and I am currently running .757, having just upgraded yesterday. Here are the steps I am going to take:
1. Downgrade to .532 by flashing NUTís .532 firmware, the .FTF file found here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...ct/dl/?id=3442
), with latest version of Flashtool (0.9.16.0). QUESTION: NUTís FTF file is C6833_14.1.B.1.532_NUT.ftf. I assume the C6833 refers to that device number. But I have a C6806. Will flashing this FTF negatively affect my C6806 in any way? Will it be a problem at all? I assume it wonít be, but I want to make sure
2. Root the device by using the instructions found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1886460
3. I will then backup my TA Partition by following this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2292598
4. I will then unlock the bootloader by following the steps here: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/
5. I will then upgrade to .757 following the instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714511
. QUESTION: I cannot find the .757 FTF at that link. I can find the .681 FTF at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFSeSe8gQOY (which should use the same steps as .757). I could just upgrade to .681, but is there a place I can get a good .757 FTF to flash?
I should, at this point, have the latest (or near latest) build rooted. Am I correct in thinking this? If you see any problems, please let me know. If you have any other tips or tricks, please throw those in as well. Thank you. I really appreciate it.