Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 52,366 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Difference between cloud roms

Tip us?

hrangwala95
Old
(Last edited by hrangwala95; 20th May 2014 at 10:29 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Difference between cloud roms

Hi Guys

I have been trying to figure out what the differences are between cloudy roms, Cloudy Stock, Cloudy Flex and Cloudy Pro II. When i read the features they are about the same and not much difference between them. I am confused which one to flash for my G2 as i want a stable and fast experience with some added functionality such as split view and aut hide the soft keys. Which one should i flash and what are the main differences between them? Are they all based on the latest build of Kit Kat Android 4.4.2? And which one gives better battery performance?

Thanks in advance!

TheJoker79
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I have no real idea about the differences, I'm trying to catchup after a few months.

I do have an idea regarding the names:
Flex - based on LG G Flex rom
Pro II - based on LG Pro II rom
Stock - based on LG G2 rom

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to TheJoker79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sindroid
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Go for cloudystock then if you want stable. Wont give you split view unless a mod it's released. But autohide softkeys is standard in 4.4.2. Battery wise they are all great.
- MAIN: LG G2 D802 32GB / Stock/Rooted
- Secondary: HTC One (M7) 32GB -S-OFF-Maximus Rom / ElementalX kernel.
RETIRED: - iPhone 2G / 4 / 4S - - - HTC: N1 / Sensation
The Following User Says Thank You to Sindroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danial.aw
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Do people using all the variants face the call screen delay.... I'm getting it on Pro 2...

Also what about HD Voice... Which version do people feel has the best call quality
The Following User Says Thank You to danial.aw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aymnga
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrangwala95 View Post
Hi Guys

I have been trying to figure out what the differences are between cloudy roms, Cloudy Stock, Cloudy Flex and Cloudy Pro II. When i read the features they are about the same and not much difference between them. I am confused which one to flash for my G2 as i want a stable and fast experience with some added functionality such as split view and aut hide the soft keys. Which one should i flash and what are the main differences between them? Are they all based on the latest build of Kit Kat Android 4.4.2? And which one gives better battery performance?

Thanks in advance!
if u prefer dark menu and setting try the flex. while the other two provide light theme.
also the battery of pro and flex is awesome while the cloudy stock is far behind.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to aymnga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hrangwala95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
So when i am in any app will the softkeys automatically hide after 3 seconds of not using them? That is not available in stock rom.

hrangwala95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
And what are the advantages of cloudystock over the stock lg g2 rom?

Maidenx
Old
Thanks Meter 10
CloudyFlex is amazing...