Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more
Post Reply

[Q] I9500 takes almost 40sec on first screen

OP dragonheart786

21st May 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
its a wierd thing my i9500 takes almost 40sec on first screen where model is written then phone starts normally
after it gets on i feel lags in screen selection and takes more time to open an app then note 2
my phone is on stock 4.4.2 official non rooted
can some one solve the issue thanks
21st May 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #2  
Chalao's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonheart786

its a wierd thing my i9500 takes almost 40sec on first screen where model is written then phone starts normally
after it gets on i feel lags in screen selection and takes more time to open an app then note 2
my phone is on stock 4.4.2 official non rooted
can some one solve the issue thanks

Dial *#1234# and download the corresponding firmware here. Backup your data/apps, do a full wipe/factory reset, flash the downloaded firmware using Odin and see if the problems are gone.
22nd May 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalao

Dial *#1234# and download the corresponding firmware here. Backup your data/apps, do a full wipe/factory reset, flash the downloaded firmware using Odin and see if the problems are gone.

i did that and downloaded firmware and flashed through odin 3.09
and did factry reset from stock recovery
but issues are same
i dont know what to do
another issue i came upto with is when phone is shutdown i put on charge battery comes with a loading circle on it and phone stops there until i unplug the charger
these issues seems to be software i guess?
should i try 4.3 maybe issues are due to 4.4.2?
Last edited by dragonheart786; 22nd May 2014 at 07:34 AM.
22nd May 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #4  
Chalao's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
164 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonheart786

i did that and downloaded firmware and flashed through odin 3.09
and did factry reset from stock recovery
but issues are same
i dont know what to do
another issue i came upto with is when phone is shutdown i put on charge battery comes with a loading circle on it and phone stops there until i unplug the charger
these issues seems to be software i guess?
should i try 4.3 maybe issues are due to 4.4.2?


Try to flash the fw with Odin 3.04 in PDA.

If it doesn't work, untick "Auto Reboot", flash it and after it is done, unplug the USB cable, pull out the battery, wait a couple of minutes, re-insert the battery, boot into download mode, re-connect the USB cable on a different USB port and flash the fw again (a second time). After it is done, unplug again the USB cable and pull out the battery, wait and after you re-insert the battery again boot directly into recovery and do a full wipe/factory reset.
24th May 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
thanks for solution i will try this will let you know i am bit busy due to office work load ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalao

Try to flash the fw with Odin 3.04 in PDA.

If it doesn't work, untick "Auto Reboot", flash it and after it is done, unplug the USB cable, pull out the battery, wait a couple of minutes, re-insert the battery, boot into download mode, re-connect the USB cable on a different USB port and flash the fw again (a second time). After it is done, unplug again the USB cable and pull out the battery, wait and after you re-insert the battery again boot directly into recovery and do a full wipe/factory reset.

24th May 2014, 11:12 AM   |  #6  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 558
 
1,811 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonheart786

thanks for solution i will try this will let you know i am bit busy due to office work load ...

Most important is WIPE ALL/FACTORY RESET. Don't forget it
24th May 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #7  
SWTR's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cham
Thanks Meter: 146
 
523 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonheart786

its a wierd thing my i9500 takes almost 40sec on first screen where model is written then phone starts normally
after it gets on i feel lags in screen selection and takes more time to open an app then note 2
my phone is on stock 4.4.2 official non rooted
can some one solve the issue thanks

you're not alone. I have the same problem
24th May 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Islamabad
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
did you face this issue on 4.3 as well??
24th May 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #9  
SWTR's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cham
Thanks Meter: 146
 
523 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonheart786

did you face this issue on 4.3 as well??

I faced it at 4.2 and 4.4. I don't know about 4.3 because it wasn't on my device.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank