Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 42,286 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Managed to have Write Protection off and no root on 4.4 ....

Tip us?

H411UCIN093NIC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Managed to have Write Protection off and no root on 4.4 ....

Somehow I managed to screw up the whole process..... :'( I went to take the OTA after when I was supposed to but it put my phone into a bootloop, while this happened I thiught in my head ohh yes my friendly neighborhood RSD lite! Well that was the worst thing to do I took the OTA and installed it with RSD and now I'm stuck on 4.4 with no root and WP-off. Is there anything I can do? Does having WP-off benefit me in any way? Thanks guys.... I feel stupid............ I'm mad at myself....

bigv5150
Old
Thanks Meter 184
Wp off does nothing to help you get root from what I understand. Your beat as of now for root. To be honest I don't think we will see root again. You could try the BL unlock guy he back up and running. However it looks like its only for 2014 build dates. But others who have Nov Dec 2013 build dates have reported getting an unlock code. Worth a try.

H411UCIN093NIC
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv5150 View Post
Wp off does nothing to help you get root from what I understand. Your beat as of now for root. To be honest I don't think we will see root again. You could try the BL unlock guy he back up and running. However it looks like its only for 2014 build dates. But others who have Nov Dec 2013 build dates have reported getting an unlock code. Worth a try.
:'( damn....... Well its 100% my fault..... Men.... And I'm a Oct 2013