Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Haptic Feedback click/slapping noise.

Tip us?

Lostatsea23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Default Haptic Feedback click/slapping noise.

So I finally got an M8 that I was okay with, only one tiny scratch and tiny tiny imperfections in the plastic trim (like 2 little chips, half a mm if that, each)

The problem just started and its especially annoying at night, the haptic feedback now makes a click noise when typing you can hear it especially. As if its hitting something.

I've had 4 of these and they all have done it. And previous HTC phones have done this but not other phones i've had. Can I assume its just the type of motor HTC uses that kind of stinks for haptic feedback?

And no, I don't wanna turn it off.

I'm within my return period with about 5 days left but dont wanna exchange it again as they already probably hate me at that store cause I'm "picky" with a device I spent 700$ after tax on.

wtoj34
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Does it for me too. Has an annoying inconsistency in the vibrations. Especially in the navigation bar buttons. Try the Google keyboard in the play store. They recently toned the vibration down and it's no longer irritating for me.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
If I help any one any where at any time, please let me know by clicking thanks!
Current devices: HTC ONE M8, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Xoom Former devices: Droid X2, Droid Charge, Note 2,