Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Keep entire password visible while typing - How?

OP dalemccl

21st May 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
On my Verizon Note 3 (US), when I type passwords for websites, etc, the password appears as x's. I know that is for security, but I want the entire password to be visible as I type. I have the option turned on where the last character entered is displayed for a second or so.

I have shaky hands and often hit the wrong key, or unintentionally hit a key twice. If I don't catch it while the last character briefly displays, I get password errors. It sometimes takes me 3 or 4 tries to get it right. If the entire password were visible, I could easily see that I mis-typed it and then could correct it before hitting enter.

Is this possible?
21st May 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 249

272 posts
More
Sorry
I dont believe you can keep passwords visible unless the web site has one of those check boxes. The reason for this is because when you input a character it is registered at a web level not a phone level meaning the website itself is blocking the characters to be shown by having the dots.
21st May 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Thanks for the information. Guess I'll need to pay closer attention to the last typed character as it appears briefly.
21st May 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 76

1,059 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemccl

On my Verizon Note 3 (US), when I type passwords for websites, etc, the password appears as x's. I know that is for security, but I want the entire password to be visible as I type. I have the option turned on where the last character entered is displayed for a second or so.

I have shaky hands and often hit the wrong key, or unintentionally hit a key twice. If I don't catch it while the last character briefly displays, I get password errors. It sometimes takes me 3 or 4 tries to get it right. If the entire password were visible, I could easily see that I mis-typed it and then could correct it before hitting enter.

Is this possible?

alternatively you can type passwords into a note,save it,then copy/paste passwords when needed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread