Google drive through HTC chat

OP brianray14

21st May 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sarasota
Thanks Meter: 104

772 posts
More
Just wanted to warn everyone who unlocked their bootloader and have yet to claim their Google drive storage. Story time.

Tonight I attempted to redeem my 50GB of Google drive storage. First tried on the device via taking the tour several times, uninstalling updates, clearing data, force stopping and uninstalling and reinstalling the app all to no avail. So I was advised to go to HTC chat and request it. They ask for your name, email address, phone number, imei/serial number and reason for the chat. After entering all that info I was connected with a rep. I explained that I'd just purchased the device and would like to redeem my drive storage. A couple moments goes by and the rep asks if I unlocked my bootloader. I said yes which was a big mistake! Unbeknownst to me, the storage isn't offered to devices that are unlocked whether they gpe, dev or any other type of device. So I hopped back on thinking ok, I'll just get a different person.. i got a different rep. All should be good now. Nope. The first question asked was is your bootloader unlocked to which I replied yes because it was evident at that time that a notation was already made. Sorry, unlocked devices aren't eligible for the drive storage. At this point I asked why since I purchased the device. What difference does it make whether I unlocked or threw it down a flight of stairs. It's my phone. He didn't know why but NOPE! SOOO... I tried a 3rd time. Got a different person yet again but this time I used a different name, email address and entered serial number instead of imei. I'm sorry sir, but this device seems to registered to a different person and its noted that the bootloader is unlocked. So I stated which I should have originally stated which was I requested a token but after reading the about the voided warranty I opted to not unlock. Nope!

tl;dr If you request Google drive storage through the HTC website, you did NOT unlock your bootloader but you received the token to do so and opted not to. I'm not do sure this excuse would work seeing that the token was requested but it's better than saying, " yep, sure did unlock!"

Three lessons to be learned. HTC makes notes on your chat sessions, serial number and imei are linked in their system and lastly, you need to lie lie lie, lol

EDIT: Just tried for a 4th time and finally got it!! Keep pushing if you get denied

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Last edited by brianray14; 25th May 2014 at 06:54 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread