Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,954 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi speed 72Mb top

Tip us?
 
dennis5pia
Old
#1  
dennis5pia's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 184
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Villa Fundacion
Default Wifi speed 72Mb top

My galaxy S4 wifi speed is 72Mb top. I have an Alcatel OT-997D and the Alcatel connect at 135Mb.
 
Mitch8892
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 36
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis5pia View Post
My galaxy S4 wifi speed is 72Mb top. I have an Alcatel OT-997D and the Alcatel connect at 135Mb.
Are you on CM 11? Myself and others have reported poor WiFi performance with CM 11, possibly related to the driver. Also, check under WiFi advanced settings to see if you have WiFi optimization on battery checked and uncheck it. Try that and see if your performance improves
 
dennis5pia
Old
#3  
dennis5pia's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 184
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Villa Fundacion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch8892 View Post
Are you on CM 11? Myself and others have reported poor WiFi performance with CM 11, possibly related to the driver. Also, check under WiFi advanced settings to see if you have WiFi optimization on battery checked and uncheck it. Try that and see if your performance improves
I have no such setting. I am on hyperdrive RLS15.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1400604484002.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	2754156  
 
bryantjopplin
Old
#4  
bryantjopplin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 285
Posts: 615
Join Date: Sep 2010
What do you mean by speed? What it's connected as or transfer speed? Research on encryption and other older devices not allowing a 100+ mbps connection.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
dennis5pia
Old
#5  
dennis5pia's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 184
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Villa Fundacion
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantjopplin View Post
What do you mean by speed? What it's connected as or transfer speed? Research on encryption and other older devices not allowing a 100+ mbps connection.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I mean the connetion between the router and the phone. The router in question support 150Mbps N standard.

So the galaxy connect at 72Mb top, the Alcatel at 135Mb..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app
 
bryantjopplin
Old
#6  
bryantjopplin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 285
Posts: 615
Join Date: Sep 2010
OK. There are some site that's explain somethings about settings in the router and other stuff. Mine only connects as a 65mbps on a 300mpbs router.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 
michaely123
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 34
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Anaheim, California
2.4 ghz or 5 ghz?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Control Your Toast Notifications with SlicedToasts

Toasts are delicious, even in their Android flavor. In Android, toast doesn’t lead … more

Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings

To be brutally honest, the native options for screen … more

Change the Alarm Icon in the Status Bar with Xposed

It’s hard to find a more hated object than your alarm clock. They wake us up nearly … more

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more