Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 51,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FYI - Found Bluetooth Headphones that were 30 euros, has A2DP and bluetooth 4.0

Tip us?

kamfl610
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default FYI - Found Bluetooth Headphones that were 30 euros, has A2DP and bluetooth 4.0

Hi all,

I live in Germany and saw that the local Aldi's (grocery/mini walmart store) had some bluetooth headphones on sale. They were 30 euros so about 35 US dollars. Decided to give them a try since I thought 30 euros wasn't bad. I'm really surprised how good they are. I have LG+ Tone 700 and these are pretty comparable. This also has A2DP and uses bluetooth 4.0. It paired quickly with the note 3 and got it up and running with no hitches. The sound quality is good. I'm going to give them more of a trial run later.

They also charged extremely fast at only 2 hours. Run time it says is about 4 hours but if the recharge time is that small, I don't see a big deal with it being shorter time for the charge to last. They have a 3 year guarantee and it's USB chargeable only but I'm sure you can find an normal adapter if you wanted the wall plug. To charge the headphones, it's kind of funky. It's like a clip to some small prongs. Not a normal microusb charger. The controller on it is pretty small and you need to like mash on the buttons a little but it seems to be alright for normal use. They're really light and have only the headphone wire which I like because the neck loop on the LG sometimes is irritating for me.

Anyhow, thought you all might want to check it out for those who live near an Aldi's in Europe or in Germany. The manufacturer is Maginon, model BTH-100. I think it's probably a no name but I'm not sure of products here.

here's the german link. Not much info but enough: http://www.supra-electronics.com/typ...tx_oid=685&L=0

mad.droid
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default long term use

Hi Kamfl610,

Thanks for the short review. I just run into this and I would like to ask if you opinion changed after a longer use? You are using it for almost 2 months now.

Thanks
mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamfl610 View Post
Hi all,

I live in Germany and saw that the local Aldi's (grocery/mini walmart store) had some bluetooth headphones on sale. They were 30 euros so about 35 US dollars. Decided to give them a try since I thought 30 euros wasn't bad. I'm really surprised how good they are. I have LG+ Tone 700 and these are pretty comparable. This also has A2DP and uses bluetooth 4.0. It paired quickly with the note 3 and got it up and running with no hitches. The sound quality is good. I'm going to give them more of a trial run later.

They also charged extremely fast at only 2 hours. Run time it says is about 4 hours but if the recharge time is that small, I don't see a big deal with it being shorter time for the charge to last. They have a 3 year guarantee and it's USB chargeable only but I'm sure you can find an normal adapter if you wanted the wall plug. To charge the headphones, it's kind of funky. It's like a clip to some small prongs. Not a normal microusb charger. The controller on it is pretty small and you need to like mash on the buttons a little but it seems to be alright for normal use. They're really light and have only the headphone wire which I like because the neck loop on the LG sometimes is irritating for me.

Anyhow, thought you all might want to check it out for those who live near an Aldi's in Europe or in Germany. The manufacturer is Maginon, model BTH-100. I think it's probably a no name but I'm not sure of products here.

here's the german link. Not much info but enough: http://www.supra-electronics.com/typ...tx_oid=685&L=0

Lorettaa
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I'm interested about feed backs. Wanna share? Thanks!

Captain_Picard
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I too had a pair of LG Tone 700, and due to how much I used them, one of the wires to the earbud shorted out. I replaced my set with the LG Tone 730 (the newer model), I gotta say, I love those even more!

I do have to add, however, that as far as I know, the HBS-700 model uses bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, not 4.0. The 730 model uses bluetooth 3.0, which isn't bad, but that's not 4.0. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3-...it?usp=sharing

I do suggest paying the difference and getting the LG HBS 730 instead of the 700. The battery seems to last longer as compared to the 700s I had, and I like that fact that it tells me if the battery is high, medium, or low when I turn it on (as the old set did not do).

Deshabilitado
Old
Thanks Meter 138
the LG tone 730 physical buttons works well on KitKat?

Enviado desde mi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk

weedahoe
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deshabilitado View Post
the LG tone 730 physical buttons works well on KitKat?

Enviado desde mi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk
I too have the LG 700 and 730. Both work great although I agree, the 730 is nicer. I use mine daily.

SladeZero
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
I use the 730 too... love them. Only issue I have isI reset my phone and NOW I cant get Svoice to be default phone program again, instead I have been having to use Google Voice which sux monkey nuts.
~I'm not a flash-a-holic... I will never admit it.~

My Phones:
~Samsung Note 3: Stock 4.4.2 Made it Ra1n!
~Sony Xperia TL: Orange Stock 4.0.4 (Resurrected from Hard Brick, inactive)
~Samsung Captivate: AOKP ICS Milestone (retired again, third time)
~LG Shine: ~in Heaven~

My Phones:
~Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7"): Stock 4.2.2 Rooted & Debloated

troyd28
Old
Thanks Meter 39
LG TONE 800 is way better.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

kamfl610
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad.droid View Post
Hi Kamfl610,

Thanks for the short review. I just run into this and I would like to ask if you opinion changed after a longer use? You are using it for almost 2 months now.

Thanks
mad
Hi all,

Meant to reply to this. I took them out for a longer run. The sound quality is still decent for 30 euros but how far away the phone had to be away from the headphones is not very far. I started getting a little static and some stuttering quality when i had the phone down in my bag. Along with that, when the phone was kind of bumping against me, I was getting gaps in the sound from the headphones and my music. I find this kind of not a good thing. If you want something cheap and just for daily use (no running with them or heavy exercise) and you can keep the phone close, it's not bad. I've gone back to LG tone +700 again. The 730's are too expensive right now in Germany and I don't even see the 800 model yet. I tried also the Delycons because they were 50 euros and i saw decent reviews on Amazon for them and I was disappointed with them. They were similar in style to the 30 euro ones but were suppose to have good sound. I didn't find that. I normally use PowerAmp Player but the bass was so muddy in the Delycons that I had to go to the Google Music player to even out the sounds. That seemed totally wrong to me so I sent them back. I'm going to use the 700's for awhile because I haven't found anything that remotely meets the same specs and sound quality. I just wish it didn't have the neckband. Anyhow, that's just my view.