Question [Q] Help with installing Android OS on Nook Color

Hey guys. I have seen all the videos and read through the tutorials. I didnt want to spend the money on the preloaded micro sd card, I was determined to do this myself. The great minds on this website should surely get that.

So heres where I am... I have a nook color (2010). I am wanting to turn this plain book reader into a full functioning android tablet. I purchased a micro SD that was 64 GB and downloaded HoneyComb. When I installed the HoneyComb .iso onto the micro SD and placed it into the Nook for boot-up, I saw "Android" on the home screen but it just said "installing" for hours on end. I looked this up online to find others were having the same problem. Turns out the problem there is a micro sd card that is too big (really?).

So I went to the store and picked up a smaller micro sd card, this time 16gb. I installed the same .iso to this card, booted it up, and the Nook read the same loading screen but then actually booted up after a short amount of time. It takes me to the home screen where I can see the unlock button in the middle that needs to be dragged to unlock the device. PROBLEM, the touch screen doesnt seem to work.
I am guessing that HoneyComb is too new for the Nook Color? Possibly it uses touch screen technology that the Nook doesnt recognize?
I am trying to find an older version of an Android OS that WILL work, it looks like the OS that was out when the Nook Color was released was "Gingerbread". I tried finding a Gingerbread .iso that I can install on my Nook Color but I cant find one anywhere.

Is there anybody out there who can help me with this?? I would greatly appreciate it. I will keep an eye on this thread for a while. Thanks!