FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Is GLONASS fixed in I9505XXUAME2?

19th April 2014, 11:55 PM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 12

More
[Edit: Ignore the title, I meant I9505XXUFNC9]

Just checking with folks running I9505XXUFNC9 - did Samsung finally fix the "4.4.2 will not lock in to GLONASS satellites" issue?

Cheers
Last edited by Breach1337; 19th April 2014 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Err

20th April 2014, 10:03 AM |#2  
Flag Poznan, Poland

More
Still not fixed. "If want GLONASS, buy new S5" - Samsung
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Layio For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 01:22 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397996489942.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	2697769 the i9500 has no problems locking on to glonass. So the 9505 isn't doing it??

Sent from my GT-I9500
20th April 2014, 09:57 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Brussels

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave106

Attachment 2697769 the i9500 has no problems locking on to glonass. So the 9505 isn't doing it??

Sent from my GT-I9500

Nope. At least not on my 4.4.2 (I9505XXUFNB8). It sees the satellites, but doesn't ever lock to them. It's a known issue on i9505 4.4.2.
28th April 2014, 12:09 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
as far as i know it is power saving feature not bug. snapdragon will kick glonass when gps signal is too ****y.
28th April 2014, 12:20 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrustkillx

as far as i know it is power saving feature not bug. snapdragon will kick glonass when gps signal is too ****y.

Nope, it is a bug on i9505 - kitkat combination. It is not possible to lock any GLONASS satellites.

If anyone knows if there is a custom kitkat based ROM that is not affected, I would appreciate the answer.
28th April 2014, 12:48 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Snapdragon processor automatically knows when to power on the GLONASS service, and when to leave it off. GLONASS will only engage when an adequate GPS signal canít be found. This extends battery life while providing the best navigation experience possible.
copypaste from qualcomm site
28th April 2014, 01:43 PM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Brussels

More
Quote:

Snapdragon processor automatically knows when to power on the GLONASS service, and when to leave it off. GLONASS will only engage when an adequate GPS signal canít be found. This extends battery life while providing the best navigation experience possible.

OK, thanks. This could be so, but on the other hand I distinctly remember seeing both GPS and GLONASS locking in 4.2.x or 4.3.x?
28th April 2014, 04:48 PM |#9  
Flag Zwickau
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:

I think this can't be true, not under kitkat. It is a bug.
When i was on old bootloader, and it was no problem to switch between 4.3 and 4.4 it was clearly to see: no glonass on kitkat, and instantly glonass-fix under jellybean.
Since I've got kitkat, i never had a glonass-fix, although i could see them.
21st May 2014, 11:52 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Brussels

More
FYI - fixed in NE5 firmware.

(of course I have Exchange wake lock issues now but that's another story
The Following User Says Thank You to Breach1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
s4 glonass
Previous Thread Next Thread