Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cyanogenmod or Android Revolution 6 in terms of battery life

OP BLUuuE83

19th May 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
What would be the best ROM for battery life? I'm using CyanogenMod atm and the battery life is decent. If I flash Android Rev. would I sacrifice battery life and if so by how much?
19th May 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,181

13,498 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUuuE83

What would be the best ROM for battery life? I'm using CyanogenMod atm and the battery life is decent. If I flash Android Rev. would I sacrifice battery life and if so by how much?

Battery usage is completely subjective so what will be awesome for one may be absolute crap to another. Only way you'll know is to try it yourself
19th May 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 22

115 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUuuE83

As mentioned, battery life is completely up to your usage. Some steps to try though which can be used across any rom is to give Rom Cleaner a shot and to use Greenify. This will rid any rom of bloat that could be sucking up battery and better allow the device to enter deep sleep where the real battery savings are had.

A well optimized kernel would give you some savings as well. I can personally say that on ARHD 5.5 with Elemental kernel .15 I'm seeing about 70% battery left at the end of a normal day. For me though that may only be one 20 minute call and an hour of screen on time. Even when flashing and messing with tons of settings for hours, the phone has never reached a critical battery level for me. I
19th May 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #4  
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 33

287 posts
More
It's more about the way you optimize (or debloat) your phone , than the ROM you are running. Use battery monitors like GSam or Battery Drain Analyzer and freeze apps that are causing you huge drain. Greenify is also good. Ideally on the M8 you can expect around 6 hours of screen time if you're optimized correctly.
20th May 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarimSalloum

It's more about the way you optimize (or debloat) your phone , than the ROM you are running. Use battery monitors like GSam or Battery Drain Analyzer and freeze apps that are causing you huge drain. Greenify is also good. Ideally on the M8 you can expect around 6 hours of screen time if you're optimized correctly.

This. I am able to get about 6 hours on stock, ARHD and Insertcoin. With power saver on, that ends up around 7-8 hours of screen time. Coming from a Nexus 5 that got 4 hours typically, I'm pretty satisfied. I'm inclined to believe ARHD will get "slightly" better battery life than CM since it is based off the stock ROM on the M8.
21st May 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #6  
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 154

632 posts
More
Generally the OEM skinned roms have better battery life and benchmark scores opposed to aosp. Happens all the time on Sammy phones and HTC apparently too. Posts above mine cover most you'll need to know. Its all about optimization and frankly that part is extremely fun and especially rewarding IMO. Gives me an idea for something like a community made thread on different battery tweaks/voltages

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
21st May 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
Thanks for all the feedback guys
I'm currently using Android Rev. 6.1 odexed (using ART atm) with ElementalX 0.10. I don't know if this is a placebo effect or not, but after flashing ElementalX(with default settings) my battery life seems worse :/
Last edited by BLUuuE83; 21st May 2014 at 01:33 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread