ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC One M7 brick got even worse!

OP ciyomh

19th May 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I have posted a thread about bricking my HTC One a few days ago and actually , I got it finally fixed today with the help of SaHiLzZ!
First of all , thanks man for helping me.
Here's the first thread that I have opened if anyone is interested:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52747826

I was finally able to get past the HTC boot logo and use the phone but I also wanted to update the ROM to KitKat 4.4.
I have changed my CID to HTC__001 from HTC__K18 with no effort , however , I failed to change my MID to PN0710000.
I followed this tutorial step by step (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2322820) , but when I applied the fastboot oem writemid command , there was an unknown error and when I rebooted the phone I got the exact same screen as this:

Now , I'm unable to access anything!!! I can't even get to the bootloader or recovery which was possible with the soft brick. The only 2 screens that I am able to get now is the gray screen as in the picture above , or a complete black screen (and the device still stays on).
I'm unable to use any adb commands , but fastboot commands still work. However , I'm unable to flash any RUU , rom , CWM , TWRP , boot...
Is there's anything I can do about it?
Here's an output of the fastboot getvar all:

Anyone have any idea what can I possibly do to fix this?
19th May 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 443

1,801 posts
You are on eng hboot. And your device is responding in ruu mode. Run the ruu as long as your fastboot is working.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaHiLzZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ

You are on eng hboot. And your device is responding in ruu mode. Run the ruu as long as your fastboot is working.

I tried it , I used the RUU that fixed the soft brick but it didn't work this time.
It can't get past the bootloader stage because it tries to access the bootloader but with no success.
20th May 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,118

6,268 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciyomh

I tried it , I used the RUU that fixed the soft brick but it didn't work this time.
It can't get past the bootloader stage because it tries to access the bootloader but with no success.

I didn't understand, is this a continuation of the other thread, or did you get any further? a bit more details please.
20th May 2014, 12:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

I didn't understand, is this a continuation of the other thread, or did you get any further? a bit more details please.

It got worse but I was finally able to change my MID and fix it. After that I reinstalled RUU 1.29.401.2 (I tried to install anything newer but nothing worked , only this one).
I can use my device regullary now.
I have supercid , mid PN0710000 and JB 4.1.2 on my device.
But the problem now is that I'm unable to update the device using any newer RUU (that match the new mid of my device).
I also don't have superuser or working recovery , when I try to flash recovery , I get this error:
C:\fastboot>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (8758 KB)...
FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 0.011s

I've tried to flash a few different recoveries but I get this same Unknown error everytime.
How is it possible for me to update from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2/4.4 if I get this same error every time and with no superuser access when every .exe RUU install fails too?
20th May 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut

6,268 posts
More
Quote:

It got worse but I was finally able to change my MID and fix it. After that I reinstalled RUU 1.29.401.2 (I tried to install anything newer but nothing worked , only this one).
I can use my device regullary now.
I have supercid , mid PN0710000 and JB 4.1.2 on my device.
But the problem now is that I'm unable to update the device using any newer RUU (that match the new mid of my device).
I also don't have superuser or working recovery , when I try to flash recovery , I get this error:
C:\fastboot>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sending 'recovery' (8758 KB)...
FAILED (data transfer failure (Unknown error))
finished. total time: 0.011s

I've tried to flash a few different recoveries but I get this same Unknown error everytime.
How is it possible for me to update from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2/4.4 if I get this same error every time and with no superuser access when every .exe RUU install fails too?

Can you
1- post an updated "fastboot getvar all" (copy/paste would be better than screenshot),
2- a screenshot of your bootloader screen
3- what recovery are you flashing above? have you checked MD5, cause the filesize looks a bit small,
4- try using a different USB port / PC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot Command Prompt.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	2753594  
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

Can you
1- post an updated "fastboot getvar all" (copy/paste would be better than screenshot),
2- a screenshot of your bootloader screen
3- what recovery are you flashing above? have you checked MD5, cause the filesize looks a bit small,
4- try using a different USB port / PC.

Thank you mate! I tried using a different USB port and it actually worked!
Although I have no idea why should it work but haha it doesn't matter to me.
I have recovery and superuser as well now but I'm still stuck in JB 4.1.2.
I've tried flashing One_4.19.401.11_odexed.zip through recovery and it failed , then I got a mini brick and the phone didn't turn off no matter what I did for a few hours.
Then I see this craziest fix ever , I stuck it in front of a lightbub while holding power + Vol down for about 15 seconds and it worked! lol!
I'm now able to use it , but can't update it in any possible way.
I tried using an .exe RUU of KK4.4 but it didn't work as well (and it was compatible with my mid + cid).
Any idea what can I do to update my device to 4.4.2/4.4 from 4.1.2? I have access now to everything , the android , recovery , supersu , adb ,fastboot..

Thank you!
21st May 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut

6,268 posts
More
Quote:

Thank you mate! I tried using a different USB port and it actually worked!
Although I have no idea why should it work but haha it doesn't matter to me.
I have recovery and superuser as well now but I'm still stuck in JB 4.1.2.
I've tried flashing One_4.19.401.11_odexed.zip through recovery and it failed , then I got a mini brick and the phone didn't turn off no matter what I did for a few hours.
Then I see this craziest fix ever , I stuck it in front of a lightbub while holding power + Vol down for about 15 seconds and it worked! lol!
I'm now able to use it , but can't update it in any possible way.
I tried using an .exe RUU of KK4.4 but it didn't work as well (and it was compatible with my mid + cid).
Any idea what can I do to update my device to 4.4.2/4.4 from 4.1.2? I have access now to everything , the android , recovery , supersu , adb ,fastboot..

Thank you!

Those 4.4 RUUs are very "sensitive", no idea why sometimes they work, and other times give people a hard time (could be anything OS, antivirus, bad download, USB port, etc)

Why didnt you just take the OTAs to 4.4, before installing custom recovery and root? just reflash the 1.28.401.7 ruu.zip, and take OTAs to 4.4.2 then install custom recovery and root

with S-Off, you can keep bootloader unlocked, no need to relock it or anything; as mentioned in the "Not so FAQ #2" here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...24&postcount=2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread