XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more
Post Reply

Questions for Note 3 Owners

OP nviz22

17th May 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
531 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
When you guys were on the Note 2 before updating to the Note 3 (or any Galaxy device), how long did it take for the update(s) to come out where you would get the UI from the Galaxy S device? For example, the phone, web browser, texting UI, etc updated for the Note 2 and it looks similar to the S4. Like I understand it's hard to explain, but I was wondering when will our Note 3's look like the S5's TW ui?
17th May 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #2  
mrkhigh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 157
 
705 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
The answer is maybe never. Think about it you buy a device with one look learn it then they force a whole new look on you. This would outrage probably most novice users.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app
17th May 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #3  
Cbass15's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Franklin, OH
Thanks Meter: 811
 
1,439 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
There's a way to get the s5 look on the note 3. I currently use it now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
17th May 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #4  
posersk8r's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
299 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nviz22

When you guys were on the Note 2 before updating to the Note 3 (or any Galaxy device), how long did it take for the update(s) to come out where you would get the UI from the Galaxy S device? For example, the phone, web browser, texting UI, etc updated for the Note 2 and it looks similar to the S4. Like I understand it's hard to explain, but I was wondering when will our Note 3's look like the S5's TW ui?

There is an xposed module for that.
18th May 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
531 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbass15

There's a way to get the s5 look on the note 3. I currently use it now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Can I get this without rooting or voiding my warranty? I hate Knox, but I don't want to trip it and I rather keep my warranty intact. I rooted my old Note on Verizon, but then unrooted it later and it's warranty is unvoided, but I rather not root alltogether and keep it clean.
18th May 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
531 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by posersk8r

There is an xposed module for that.

These modules are available without rooting?
18th May 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #7  
posersk8r's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
299 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nviz22

These modules are available without rooting?

No, need xposed framework.
18th May 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
531 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by posersk8r

No, need xposed framework.

Sorry, not familiar with the program. Is that a program where you have to rewrite some core files with the Note 3's hidden file system?
18th May 2014, 06:22 AM   |  #9  
posersk8r's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
299 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nviz22

Sorry, not familiar with the program. Is that a program where you have to rewrite some core files with the Note 3's hidden file system?

I dont know about hidden file systems, just google it dude, lots of videos on youtube too about modules for xposed framework.
21st May 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #10  
Likalnik's Avatar
Member
Flag Lesce
Thanks Meter: 0
 
95 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
Hy...i have a problem wit huge battery drain..Under setting and battery I can find gifss deamon on the first place 40%.... and I assume this is the reason....can somebody tell me how can delete this think and what is it? I have stock version 4.4.2...thanks for help

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 & TapaTalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes