Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,883 Members 41,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

? kit kat & root for dummies

Tip us?

bigjailerman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default ? kit kat & root for dummies

Hi, I am hoping someone could take a little time with a newbie that is having difficulties with jurist it's.
I have a stock M that is rooted (98.18.94) locked bootloader with GSM unlocked. I was able to squeak but with those. I tried to get the ota but kept failing. I have read several posts and thread's but not really understanding. I had a stroke a little time back so my memory is messed up now, if someone could break it down , what is what, how to do it otter wood's be appreciated. I feel like a jerk but notas much of a jerk to not ask..thanks

poppers162
Old
(Last edited by poppers162; 21st May 2014 at 01:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjailerman View Post
Hi, I am hoping someone could take a little time with a newbie that is having difficulties with jurist it's.
I have a stock M that is rooted (98.18.94) locked bootloader with GSM unlocked. I was able to squeak but with those. I tried to get the ota but kept failing. I have read several posts and thread's but not really understanding. I had a stroke a little time back so my memory is messed up now, if someone could break it down , what is what, how to do it otter wood's be appreciated. I feel like a jerk but notas much of a jerk to not ask..thanks

I would use house of moto. It reflashed the system, boot.img, etc, and I kept all of my data. When it booted up, I took the update just fine. Here's a link to the forum: http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/to...se-of-moto-22/

They have a great in depth tutorial on how to return to stock basically and you keep all of your data.

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app
Droid RAZR M all the way! Unlocked-Rooted-Stock KK