Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 52,171 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lock screen Full screen album cover?

Tip us?

edwardlanti
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Lock screen Full screen album cover?

Is it possible? I am coming from a Nexus 5 and I really miss that feature. I thought it was a KitKat Feature?

leocooper
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardlanti View Post
Is it possible? I am coming from a Nexus 5 and I really miss that feature. I thought it was a KitKat Feature?
If there's a way to get the AOSP lockscreen then I think it will be possible. However in the current state there's only the Walkman widget on the lockscreen. I'm not sure but maybe you could get AOSP lockscreen by digging system folders and trying to install XperiaLockscreen.apk or whatever it's called. It will of course fail but you should get AOSP lockscreen until next reboot, but I'm not sure if it will work or which folder it's in since I don't own a single Sony smartphone.

TheOnlyIntruder
Old
Thanks Meter 65
You know I think the latest walkman update has broken the lockscreen update, I was able to pause, skip track form the lockscreen before but now I can and the lockscreen widget behaves really oddly, try swiping left or right on the clock and it snaps back to the clock (if I want to add a new widget I have to be quick) :/
Phone History: -
Ericsson A1018s > Ericsson T20e > Nokia 3510i > Motorola V600 > Motorola V3x > Sony Ericsson K800i > Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 > HTC Desire > HTC One X > Sony Xperia Z2 (Current)

acheney1990
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I'm missing this too. Wish it was an option.

Sent From My Xperia Z2.

bukmba
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Extremely disappointing that there is no fullscreen album cover on the lockscreen.
I installed Xposed and Serajr Xperia Xposed Module. There you can disable the Xperia Lockscreen. However, nothing happened after activating and rebooting.
So still no full screen album cover

BanziBaby
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Same here, PowerAmp, Play Music & even the Walkman app don't display lockscreen album art meaning Sony have disabled it for some strange reason.

Stalkalainen
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Bah I was thinking about how to fix this seems you guys have already exhausted all options.

This is definitely on my list of niggles for the phone