Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more

Sony Xperia Z4 Forum Now Available

Sony’s Xperia line has seen plenty of development on XDA, and now that the Xperia Z4 has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

I'm Looking For A Custom Kitkat 4.4.2 Rom For My S4

21st May 2014, 12:39 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
I am looking for a custom KitKat rom 4.4.2. All the ones I'm finding will not flash successfully. The one I did find was messing up my phone modem (radio) and it was causing dropped calls and EDGE connection problems so I flashed it back to stock. I want a new custom rom without this issue that is rooted with Wifi/tethering.

I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 model with AT&T.

I appreciate any help it I can get with this!
 
 
21st May 2014, 01:38 AM |#2  
netomel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
584 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by matth84

I am looking for a custom KitKat rom 4.4.2. All the ones I'm finding will not flash successfully. The one I did find was messing up my phone modem (radio) and it was causing dropped calls and EDGE connection problems so I flashed it back to stock. I want a new custom rom without this issue that is rooted with Wifi/tethering.

I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 model with AT&T.

I appreciate any help it I can get with this!

If you take the time to read like most of us have. You will find out that you can't flash custom rooms if you are on kit kat until devs find exploit, which is going to be very hard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st May 2014, 03:39 AM |#3  
rugmankc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 1,850
 
7,580 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
What's your build number--then we can be more specific in our help.

And what roms did you try--
21st May 2014, 04:54 AM |#4  
netomel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
584 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugmankc

What's your build number--then we can be more specific in our help.

And what roms did you try--

From what he says you could tell he is either on mk2, nb1 or NC1 which the bootloader is lock down and as most of us know we can only flash Tw roms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st May 2014, 01:27 PM |#5  
jd1639's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 4,523
 
13,088 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by netomel

From what he says you could tell he is either on mk2, nb1 or NC1 which the bootloader is lock down and as most of us know we can only flash Tw roms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I don't get that from his post. He wants to flash a kk custom rom and he seems to be able to flash roms which tells me he has a custom recovery.

Op, can you tell us what firmware version you're on?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 02:06 PM |#6  
rugmankc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 1,850
 
7,580 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

I don't get that from his post. He wants to flash a kk custom rom and he seems to be able to flash roms which tells me he has a custom recovery.

Op, can you tell us what firmware version you're on?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

I didn't either, want to be sure our recommendations are correct--
The Following User Says Thank You to rugmankc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes