[Q] Poor wifi signal

Search This thread

souledout

Dec 12, 2009
Sooo I've had my M8 for nearly a month now and I love the thing. However, I notice that I've been having some issues with the M8 not being able to detect or connect to my home and office's wifi. My laptop and my fiance's Nexus 5 can detect our home wifi network with full strength.
Interestingly, the closer I get to my router, the stronger the signal gets, but the moment I move maybe 20 feet away into another room, the wifi cuts out or gets very weak. I understand that distance is a factor, but I feel that my M8 should be able to connect to my router in the next room, especially when other devices can do so with no problem.

I think it's also worth noting that this was not always an issue. This only started happening recently - the only software upgrade that I did was the Verizon push that installed right out the box. I have not made any changes to my wifi network at home or work.

I've tried a couple of things with no resolution, including;

Resetting my router (power cycling)
Restarting my phone
Forgetting both wifi networks and manually re-adding them
Changing my wifi direct name
Turning on airplane mode, turning off my wifi, turning off airplane mode then turning on wifi (this was a suggested method for the M7 that I saw on another forum)
I did some Googling and didnt find much, so maybe I just have a lemon, but I did see that wifi connectivity was an issue with the M7.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

JoeMidd09

May 20, 2014
I'm having the exact same problem getting over 20Mbps over Ethernet but then 0.25Mbps on my M8 over WiFi even when close to router

kennypow3rs

Aug 31, 2011
Houston
Have you guys played around with your routers settings?

What signal is your router on, wireless b,g,n,ac?

Is it throwing mixed frequency? (2.4ghz or 5ghz or both)

Go to WiFi settings in the phone, then advanced, then it will probably say "auto".

Try setting it on only 2.4ghz or only 5ghz see if that helps.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

JoeMidd09

May 20, 2014
Tried that and my router is just b and g suppose upgrading to an n or ac router would sort it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: kennypow3rs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tried that and my router is just b and g suppose upgrading to an n or ac router would sort it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app