Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 47,332 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help needed to fix aroma installer rom

Tip us?
 
Kung Fu monkey
Old
#1  
Kung Fu monkey's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 275
Posts: 595
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default [Q] Help needed to fix aroma installer rom

Hello guys,
I made a new rom with aroma installer. I am not able to flash it. flash it.
When i flash it i get "error flashing the zip", "Error opening the zip".
Can someone pls help me asap.

Here is the log:

 
HTML Code:
I:Switching packages (TWRP)
I:Set page: 'install'
I:Set page: 'flash_confirm'
I:Set page: 'flash_zip'
minzip: could not determine length of file
minzip: Map of '/sdcard/Revosoft Project X Rom v3 lazy.zip' failed
E:Unable to open zip file.
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/Revosoft Project X Rom v3 lazy.zip'
Updating partition details...
I:Data backup size is 827MB, free: 3713MB.
I:Unable to mount '/usb-otg'
I:Actual block device: '', current file system: 'vfat'
I:Set page: 'flash_done'
I:Set page: 'rebootcheck'
I:Root permissions appear to be lost... fixing. (This will always happen on 4.3+ ROMs with SELinux.
I:Copying file /cache/recovery/log to /cache/recovery/last_log
Rebooting...


ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
 
Sanskarsuman
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 37
Join Date: May 2014
Location: new york

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu monkey View Post
Hello guys,
I made a new rom with aroma installer. I am not able to flash it. flash it.
When i flash it i get "error flashing the zip", "Error opening the zip".
Can someone pls help me asap.

Here is the log:

 
HTML Code:
I:Switching packages (TWRP)
I:Set page: 'install'
I:Set page: 'flash_confirm'
I:Set page: 'flash_zip'
minzip: could not determine length of file
minzip: Map of '/sdcard/Revosoft Project X Rom v3 lazy.zip' failed
E:Unable to open zip file.
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/Revosoft Project X Rom v3 lazy.zip'
Updating partition details...
I:Data backup size is 827MB, free: 3713MB.
I:Unable to mount '/usb-otg'
I:Actual block device: '', current file system: 'vfat'
I:Set page: 'flash_done'
I:Set page: 'rebootcheck'
I:Root permissions appear to be lost... fixing. (This will always happen on 4.3+ ROMs with SELinux.
I:Copying file /cache/recovery/log to /cache/recovery/last_log
Rebooting...
Hi dear dember,

I am too interested to know the real concept what you want to set up.
can you please tell me what is aroma?
 
Kung Fu monkey
Old
#3  
Kung Fu monkey's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 275
Posts: 595
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanskarsuman View Post
Hi dear dember,

I am too interested to know the real concept what you want to set up.
can you please tell me what is aroma?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=aroma+installer

check the first link.


ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
 
demkantor
Old
#4  
demkantor's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2668
Posts: 5,644
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: mpls
If the error is cant open zip then i would start there, what did you use to zip it? and was compression set to store?
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Kung Fu monkey
Old
#5  
Kung Fu monkey's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 275
Posts: 595
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post
If the error is cant open zip then i would start there, what did you use to zip it? and was compression set to store?
Sorry for late reply.
I made some progress now. Now everything works nice till the installation ui screen, at installation ui screen it displays nothing and also installs nothing. Do u have any idea about hw to fix that?


ROM for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
 
demkantor
Old
#6  
demkantor's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2668
Posts: 5,644
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: mpls
No errors? Possibly an issue with update-binary or file structure hard to say without seeing it, can you upload it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Forums Added for the Nvidia Shield Tablet and Sharp Aquos Crystal

Just a few days ago, wetook an in depth look at theNvidia Shield Tabletand … more

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.3 Lands on European HTC One M7

The secound release of the Android L Developer Previewmay be the new hotness for … more

Take a Perfectly Stable Shot with Open Camera

The camera app on our Android smartphones and tablets isn’t something we focus on all … more

Motorola Droid X Receives Almost Fully Functional KitKat Port

While we are all wondering when Google will decide to officially release … more