Best Root Method - Most Stable AOSP

21st May 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 214

1,397 posts
I am new here, and I have searched a ton - so please don't flame me.

There are a lot of root method's and I think I have found a good one, but I want to get a general consensus on the current, best method of root. Also, is there any way to root without tripping the LG root flag?

In addition I see a on of AOSP roms available. I am looking for the MOST stable, and perhaps without the most customization. I like things more pure, so if anything, an AOSP rom that would be closest to the GPE experience.

Thank you for being patient with me.
The Following User Says Thank You to pnut22r For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 27

135 posts
More
There is no way to both root and flash a custom ROM and not trip the root flag. However, if you can get to download mode you can always flash a stock TOT which resets the root flag. As for stable AOSP, that will come when KK kernel source from stock is made into an AOSP compatible kernel. Be patient...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
21st May 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 68

265 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnut22r

I am new here, and I have searched a ton - so please don't flame me.

There are a lot of root method's and I think I have found a good one, but I want to get a general consensus on the current, best method of root. Also, is there any way to root without tripping the LG root flag?

In addition I see a on of AOSP roms available. I am looking for the MOST stable, and perhaps without the most customization. I like things more pure, so if anything, an AOSP rom that would be closest to the GPE experience.

Thank you for being patient with me.

You won't get flamed posting things like this in QA forum. That's where stuff like this belongs. Beanstalk is really solid and PA seems to be getting close to dialed. Try those!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank