[Q] MMS pictures/group text not working with Goldeneye KK 4.4.2 v 29

OP sciencedroid

19th May 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi,

I recently installed Goldeneye KK 4.4.2 v 29 ROM on my phone and love it. After about a week of use, I tried to send a group text message through the stock messaging app. It failed to send. I switched to SMS on Hangouts and it still didn't send the MMS. After doing some searching, I saw that Goldeneye ROM has disabled SMS 2 MMS but didn't see any specific solutions in the thread. My understanding was that the SMS 2 MMS was disabled in order to prevent messages with emojis from converting to MMS. So my questions are then:
  • Was this feature just an apk in the original stock ROM? If it was just an apk, is it possible to reactivate this SMS 2 MMS feature by manually installing the correct apk? Or was it disabled in some more in depth altering of the stock ROM? I have tried installing some stock MMS.apk files but ended up getting "x App not installed".
  • If there isn't a simple apk or other fix, are there any specific MMS apps to send with?
  • I also uninstalled a few of the Samsung features with Titanium backup. They all seemed like extraneous features, but are any Samsung applications responsible for allowing MMS sending that I might have uninstalled?
  • Should I just use a different ROM?

Thanks for any help!
Last edited by sciencedroid; 20th May 2014 at 03:15 PM.
21st May 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Just changed to Skyfall ROM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread