Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,053 Members 46,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA On lg g2 rooted and custom recovery

Tip us?
 
elibyy
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2013
Question OTA On lg g2 rooted and custom recovery

I have lg g2 d802 rooted with custom recovery TWRP and I have an OTA waiting for install how do I install it?
I've tried to install it using this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1696&nocache=1
But the device rebooted normally and still the OTA is available for installation. What do I do.?
 
Esteway.619
Old
#2  
Esteway.619's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1327
Posts: 4,808
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: san diego
No.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
elibyy
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteway.619 View Post
No.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
What do u mean no?
 
XxZombiePikachu
Old
(Last edited by XxZombiePikachu; 20th May 2014 at 12:27 AM.)
#4  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1082
Posts: 2,141
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aguada
Quote:
Originally Posted by elibyy View Post
I have lg g2 d802 rooted with custom recovery TWRP and I have an OTA waiting for install how do I install it?
I've tried to install it using this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1696&nocache=1
But the device rebooted normally and still the OTA is available for installation. What do I do.?
NO
You can install it and you will bootloop or soft brick, the link you provided is to remove the update If you clicked install and ended in bootloop/soft brick

Sent from my dogs lg-d800
 
elibyy
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
NO
You can install it and you will bootloop or soft brick, the link you provided is to remove the update If you clicked install and ended in bootloop/soft brick

Sent from my dogs lg-d800
So is it possible to reinstall stock recovery only
 
XxZombiePikachu
Old
#6  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1082
Posts: 2,141
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aguada
Quote:
Originally Posted by elibyy View Post
So is it possible to reinstall stock recovery only
some people have managed to get the stock recovery back by using adb&fastboot or dd command&linux but it is complicated for people who have not done so before, the only other way to get stock recovery back is to flash the stock kdz/tot file loosing all data and returning to complete stock
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more

Implement Split View in Your LG G2 KitKat Rom with Automated Installer

Some of you may have remembered a story on the Portal a few weeks back … more