Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] saferoot Verizon Note 2 Stuck at Waiting for device to appear

OP jburchii

18th May 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Matthews
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II SCH-i605 which has the 4.3 OTA. I downloaded Saferoot, unzipped it - and tried to root. I am ALWAYS getting stuck at "waiting for device to appear"

My computer recognizes my phone as an installer, camera, or media device - depending on which I have selected. I have tried running Saferoot using 4 different USB ports, 5 different USB cables (including the original white one the phone came with) and EVERY time I get stuck at "waiting for device to appear".

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.
18th May 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag West Long Branch, NJ
Thanks Meter: 123

439 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburchii

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II SCH-i605 which has the 4.3 OTA. I downloaded Saferoot, unzipped it - and tried to root. I am ALWAYS getting stuck at "waiting for device to appear"

My computer recognizes my phone as an installer, camera, or media device - depending on which I have selected. I have tried running Saferoot using 4 different USB ports, 5 different USB cables (including the original white one the phone came with) and EVERY time I get stuck at "waiting for device to appear".

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Uninstall the drivers and reboot. Install the samsung drivers and reboot. ensure windows can search & and install from windows update. now try the process. the drivers are the toughest part of the process.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th May 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Matthews

8 posts
Unhappy
I am at a total loss.

I did everything you suggested. still no joy.

I did notice that every time I connect my phone I am given the RSA Key box and click Always from this phone...but it asks this EVERY time I connect my phone.

If I clicked Always ... why does it always ask me?

I am thinking I should have kept my Droid RAZR.........

I really do not understand how my computer recognizes my phone as an SCH-i605 with bot the "phone" and "card" as possible drives but the command prompt cannot see my phone...

I have reinstalled the drivers at least 3 times now - from the device itself, from the Samsung website, and from another forum on this site...nothing is working...

I even re-flashed the 4.3 .tar file using Odin and went through the entire process of re-setting up my phone...no joy.

Oh Android - why do you hate me so?
Last edited by jburchii; 18th May 2014 at 11:13 PM. Reason: update
18th May 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 82

226 posts
More
@jburchii,

You've probably done this already, but just making sure....Have you enabled USB debugging for your phone under developer options?

If not... you can find this in your system settings.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1400449019691.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	2751135  
18th May 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Matthews

8 posts
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnmag

@jburchii,

You've probably done this already, but just making sure....Have you enabled USB debugging for your phone under developer options?

If not... you can find this in your system settings.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes - Did this...I am re-installing Kies hopefully this will work...oh the drudgery.

Update: I just installed Kies 3 - I currently have the Samsung USB driver for mobile phones installed (it is in my "Programs and Features)...still getting stuck on "waiting for device"

I mean NOTHING seems to be working. Does anyone who successfully completed this on an SCH-i605 have a copy of the driver they are using?
Last edited by jburchii; 19th May 2014 at 12:10 AM. Reason: update
21st May 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #6  
Flag Woodbridge, VA
Thanks Meter: 87

203 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburchii

Yes - Did this...I am re-installing Kies hopefully this will work...oh the drudgery.

Update: I just installed Kies 3 - I currently have the Samsung USB driver for mobile phones installed (it is in my "Programs and Features)...still getting stuck on "waiting for device"

I mean NOTHING seems to be working. Does anyone who successfully completed this on an SCH-i605 have a copy of the driver they are using?

I've ran into this problem before and one or both of these fixed it for me.
  1. Use the factory USB cable that came with your Samsung Phone
  2. Try another computer
21st May 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Matthews

8 posts
So nothing worked until I downloaded Safe Root.apk

Now I AM rooted on Nebulae 3.6.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread