Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Pulling the SD card, is it possible??

OP USFguy

21st May 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40

208 posts
I'm just planning on the new battery I've ordered not fixing the problem so it's got my mind wandering....is the internal SD something that can be pulled and put into some sort of adapter or reader to allow saving pictures and files? I'd love to save my texts but can't expect miracles. So back to point is such a thing even possible?
21st May 2014, 12:14 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 113

1,345 posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1631426

mark

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Not saying impossible, but very illogical to mess with SD. Its fully integrated

mark
The Following User Says Thank You to marknoll For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 37

226 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by USFguy

I'm just planning on the new battery I've ordered not fixing the problem so it's got my mind wandering....is the internal SD something that can be pulled and put into some sort of adapter or reader to allow saving pictures and files? I'd love to save my texts but can't expect miracles. So back to point is such a thing even possible?

Its a NAND chip so If you get a way to dump it (Teensy dev board, Progskeet, Some othe Nand/Nor Dumper) You should be able to solder on a new NAND chip with bigger memory if you can rewrite everything back on. but you might have to rewrite a new ROM for that memory chip.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread