Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 48,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Blank MicroSD Card

Tip us?

Don164
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Blank MicroSD Card

I used to have to have a 32gb MicroSD card in my Note 3 which i used to use for my files. After I rooted my phone, I thought it would be a good idea to store my TWRP backups to my MicroSD card as it frees up internal storage but however after I initially made my 1st backup to my card, the system booted up and apparently the card was blank. I know this to be false as I have loads of photos on it and I selected the MicroSD card in recovery to make my nandroid backup to and after like 3 minutes, it was made.
Question is. How do I get my MicroSD card back to normal. I'm aware of formatting it and then mounting it in recovery but I don't want to lose my files on the card. I inserted the card into my laptop and the command prompt said it had a RAW file system.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

rishav754
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don164 View Post
I used to have to have a 32gb MicroSD card in my Note 3 which i used to use for my files. After I rooted my phone, I thought it would be a good idea to store my TWRP backups to my MicroSD card as it frees up internal storage but however after I initially made my 1st backup to my card, the system booted up and apparently the card was blank. I know this to be false as I have loads of photos on it and I selected the MicroSD card in recovery to make my nandroid backup to and after like 3 minutes, it was made.
Question is. How do I get my MicroSD card back to normal. I'm aware of formatting it and then mounting it in recovery but I don't want to lose my files on the card. I inserted the card into my laptop and the command prompt said it had a RAW file system.

you can use " get data recover my file " software for recovery ......use its professional version (you can find it at torrent ) .
Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours......

Don164
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishav754 View Post
you can use " get data recover my file " software for recovery ......use its professional version (you can find it at torrent ) .
Would I use that after I format my card and which file system should I format it to so TWRP can recognize it

Product F(RED)
Old
Thanks Meter 2556

DONATE TO ME
I used Recuva. It's from the people that make CCleaner. Worked for me. But honestly, don't let it restore files that are partially damaged, because if they're music or photos or videos, they won't play/display correctly, and it'll cause wakelocks from the media scanner until you find and delete them.

HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D/Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S II -> iPhone 4S -> Galaxy S II -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 i9300 -> Galaxy Note 2 i317 -> Galaxy Note 2 T889

Don164
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
I used Recuva. It's from the people that make CCleaner. Worked for me. But honestly, don't let it restore files that are partially damaged, because if they're music or photos or videos, they won't play/display correctly, and it'll cause wakelocks from the media scanner until you find and delete them.
Thanks for the advice, should I just format the MicroSD card and then use Recuva to recover the files

Product F(RED)
Old
Thanks Meter 2556

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks for the advice, should I just format the MicroSD card and then use Recuva to recover the files

Don't reformat, just put the microSD card into your computer (with an adapter, or with something that will let it show up as mass storage, not MTP). Point Recuva to the card. It'll tell you what files are partially restorable and fully restorable. Like I said, don't restore the damaged stuff. From experience, what'll happen if you do is you're gonna get wake locks and no app will be able to tell you which files are damaged. So you'll end up having to format the entire card anyways to get rid of the wake lock/damaged files.

HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D/Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S II -> iPhone 4S -> Galaxy S II -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 i9300 -> Galaxy Note 2 i317 -> Galaxy Note 2 T889

Don164
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED) View Post
Don't reformat, just put the microSD card into your computer (with an adapter, or with something that will let it show up as mass storage, not MTP). Point Recuva to the card. It'll tell you what files are partially restorable and fully restorable. Like I said, don't restore the damaged stuff. From experience, what'll happen if you do is you're gonna get wake locks and no app will be able to tell you which files are damaged. So you'll end up having to format the entire card anyways to get rid of the wake lock/damaged files.
I've formatted the MicroSD card as I had a backup of the files on my laptop and everything seems to be working fine.

pushkardua
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
I've formatted the MicroSD card as I had a backup of the files on my laptop and everything seems to be working fine.

You Could Have Used Easus Data Recovery
Please click the "THANKS" buttom if I helped you...If I Helped you ALOT, Please Subscribe to MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

This Would Take You Only a Second But CAn Help Me ALOT!

Don164
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkardua View Post
You Could Have Used Easus Data Recovery
I discovered a backup on my laptop so I just formatted it so my Note 3 could read it

The Following User Says Thank You to Don164 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]