Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] HTC One V (GSM) Screen NOT turning on. Phone is working! [shpongle 4.2.2]

Tip us?

bikerabhinav
Old
(Last edited by bikerabhinav; 24th May 2014 at 10:17 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Unhappy [HELP] HTC One V (GSM) Screen NOT turning on. Phone is working! [shpongle 4.2.2]

UPDATE It turned on automatically after 2 days. Freaky stuff :/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

I have a HTC One V (Primo U), running Shpongle 4.2.2. It was working fine until yesterday, when I woke up after a nap and failed to turn on the phone's screen. Pressed the power button, but the screen won't wake up. Held the power button for 10 sec, phone restarted (I know this because of the vibration) but the screen remained dark. Called my cell, and it was ringing, but nothing on the screen. Now it's lying on my desk, with the notification LED blinkng (because I have missed calls).

Even the touch is working, because I tried swiping in the right area to answer a call and it worked, even though I couldn't see jack.

I held the Vol Up while restarting the phone, it went to bootloader (I'm guessing), but the screen was dark.

Is there any way I can save my cell

Moto Defy MB525 | SlimKat 4.4.2 | Green Lens
| HTC One V | Shpongle AOSP JB 4.2.2 | Sony Ericsson Xperia M | PacMan AOSP 4.4.2

R3V0K3D
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerabhinav View Post
Hey everyone,

I have a HTC One V (Primo U), running Shpongle 4.2.2. It was working fine until yesterday, when I woke up after a nap and failed to turn on the phone's screen. Pressed the power button, but the screen won't wake up. Held the power button for 10 sec, phone restarted (I know this because of the vibration) but the screen remained dark. Called my cell, and it was ringing, but nothing on the screen. Now it's lying on my desk, with the notification LED blinkng (because I have missed calls).

Even the touch is working, because I tried swiping in the right area to answer a call and it worked, even though I couldn't see jack.

I held the Vol Up while restarting the phone, it went to bootloader (I'm guessing), but the screen was dark.

Is there any way I can save my cell
Did you broke the screen?

Tags
broken, display, screen