Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

unlocked boot loader S5

OP jimsond

4th May 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 4

38 posts
More
Question :cool: Questions about S5, will soon be passing on LG-G2, as awesome as it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRatt

It is confirmed that the T-Mobile S5 is bootloader unlocked and can work on ATT network and get ALL frequency bands that ATT uses. Just check out the T-Mobile S5 Subforums.
They already have root, recovery via TWRP or some others, just not a lot of Roms yet. I follow the T-Mobile and ATT forums in case I upgrade from my S4.

Sent From My Spiderman,Ironman,Red,Dark Blue,Green, GreyedOut BadAss Themed I337

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmolen

I can also confirm that T-Mobile's bootloader is unlocked. I have a T-Mobile S5, which I have rooted and installed TWRP and am running AllianceRom (from the international forum, so you are not limited to the roms in the T-Mobile S5 forum).

I actually also have sim unlocked the phone and am using Straight Talk (AT&T) service. I get full AT&T speeds, including LTE.

Thanks for answering guys! I do have another question. I've been looking on swappa.com and even T-Mobile's website and I've yet to see a 32GB version of their S5. Since it has yet to be released, I wonder if it will have a locked bootloader when it is released, does anyone know when the 32GB version is supposed to be on sale? I assume it will ship with 4.4.3 or something. I did not end up getting the Moto X, so it's going to either be the M8 or the S5 and I just saw an article on the internet that the S5 GPe was put onto the play store and pulled very quickly sometime last week. M8 has 32GB, but no user-replaceable battery. S5 has 16 GB but can replace the user battery. I suppose with a fast and large enough microSD card, you wouldn't experience noticeable lag if you used your microSD card to store everything aside from commonly used/accessed apps/data.

Can I just go to a T-Mobile store or online and purchase an S5 outright? Given that it has an unlocked bootloader? I heard that some one people got the Verizon or Sprint version and they were able to use on the ATT network (apparently some of them are unlocked) but apparently having gotten the Verizon version means they can't use T-Mobile ROMs. How much different is the hardware? I feel silly for asking this question because I'm pretty confident I know the answer but it's a lot of money to shell out: doesn't unlocking the bootloader mean you can literally install almost any type of OS or ROM or Kernel to your device? Assuming you can support it yourself or the community has created ROMs that support it?

Last question of the least importance: Anyone running a hybrid HTC Sense from the M8 on their S5? I know there aren't many T-Mobile ROMs for the S5 yet, but I figure this is the best place to ask them since you guys really know what you're talking about.

Thanks everyone! If I DO come across the answers to my own questions, I'll post them myself.
-Justin

BTW! if anyone wants to buy an AT&T LG-G2, I have one in perfect condition that is sparingly used. I'm not going to post on swappa.com until I know for sure what device I'll be buying. However, I am willing to make a listing for anyone that truly wants an LG-G2 so we can make the transaction and I can ship the LG-G2 immediately after everything goes through.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread