Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 41,743 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to root Nook STG with 1.2.1 firmware

Tip us?

kazakore
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverByter View Post
just copy over most apk's to the SD card and click on them to install, some apps, such as keyboards don't work very well unless they are installed as system apps.
OB

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2
Thank you very much. That is as I expected. Although a quick bit of searching on the very poor internet I temporarily get out here in India also showed I can install straight from ADB so I might take a look into that. Although I only got it to work once on my PRST1 before it died (it was on its last legs and the internal ROM was starting to corrupt) and all the guides I could find at the time were very out of date and not for the current version...

Quote:
There is nothing "broken" with the file manager in the Relaunch launcher app. With Relaunch go into settings>advanced settings>general settings and you can set up the file manager as far as start directory and whether you can browse up from there,
I would call the fact it stops you from being able to go up a level without you actually changing a single setting, only viewing them, as broken behaviour personally! See my steps above and try following them if you don't believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozhere View Post
Manners? Obviously.
Where was anything rude in that post? Pointing out that you didn't actually answer anything, which you didn't. In fact you only very tersely posted links without even including any text as to what they were, which on further investigation it becomes apparent neither are even directly related to what I asked! Learn to read properly and reply in a reasonable manner. It's really not that hard a skill to master!

wozhere
Old
Thanks Meter 61
QED.

OverByter
Old
(Last edited by OverByter; 21st May 2014 at 04:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakore View Post
I would call the fact it stops you from being able to go up a level without you actually changing a single setting, only viewing them, as broken behaviour personally! See my steps above and try following them if you don't believe me.
It doesn't stop you, that's the default behavior, as I posted above, you can easily modify the file browser behavior to do pretty much anything that you want or need. So it's certainly not broken. I personally think that Relaunch is the perfect launcher for e-ink devices, extremely light weight and fast without the normal graphical interface that's unnecessary on the nook. To each their own.
OB

kazakore
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverByter View Post
It doesn't stop you, that's the default behavior, as I posted above, you can easily modify the file browser behavior to do pretty much anything that you want or need. So it's certainly not broken. I personally think that Relaunch is the perfect launcher for e-ink devices, extremely light weight and fast without the normal graphical interface that's unnecessary on the nook. To each their own.
OB

But I CAN go up a level before looking at the settings options. It's only after viewing some, with no changes made, this option disappears! How does that make it the default option.

Anyway. I'll try resetting it from within the options and see if this makes it keep the setting correctly... Other than that little bug it did seem pretty sweet for an eReader!

wozhere
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakore View Post
Learn to read properly and reply in a reasonable manner. It's really not that hard a skill to master!
You have issues as this sort of personal attack is against the forum rules.