FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] How to root Nook STG with 1.2.1 firmware

21st May 2014, 09:39 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverByter

just copy over most apk's to the SD card and click on them to install, some apps, such as keyboards don't work very well unless they are installed as system apps.
OB

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2

Thank you very much. That is as I expected. Although a quick bit of searching on the very poor internet I temporarily get out here in India also showed I can install straight from ADB so I might take a look into that. Although I only got it to work once on my PRST1 before it died (it was on its last legs and the internal ROM was starting to corrupt) and all the guides I could find at the time were very out of date and not for the current version...

Quote:

There is nothing "broken" with the file manager in the Relaunch launcher app. With Relaunch go into settings>advanced settings>general settings and you can set up the file manager as far as start directory and whether you can browse up from there,

I would call the fact it stops you from being able to go up a level without you actually changing a single setting, only viewing them, as broken behaviour personally! See my steps above and try following them if you don't believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wozhere

Manners? Obviously.

Where was anything rude in that post? Pointing out that you didn't actually answer anything, which you didn't. In fact you only very tersely posted links without even including any text as to what they were, which on further investigation it becomes apparent neither are even directly related to what I asked! Learn to read properly and reply in a reasonable manner. It's really not that hard a skill to master!
 
 
21st May 2014, 11:23 AM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
QED.
21st May 2014, 02:13 PM |#13  
OverByter's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Haven
Thanks Meter: 34
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakore

I would call the fact it stops you from being able to go up a level without you actually changing a single setting, only viewing them, as broken behaviour personally! See my steps above and try following them if you don't believe me.

It doesn't stop you, that's the default behavior, as I posted above, you can easily modify the file browser behavior to do pretty much anything that you want or need. So it's certainly not broken. I personally think that Relaunch is the perfect launcher for e-ink devices, extremely light weight and fast without the normal graphical interface that's unnecessary on the nook. To each their own.
OB



Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by OverByter; 21st May 2014 at 04:56 PM.
21st May 2014, 05:42 PM |#14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverByter

It doesn't stop you, that's the default behavior, as I posted above, you can easily modify the file browser behavior to do pretty much anything that you want or need. So it's certainly not broken. I personally think that Relaunch is the perfect launcher for e-ink devices, extremely light weight and fast without the normal graphical interface that's unnecessary on the nook. To each their own.
OB



Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2


But I CAN go up a level before looking at the settings options. It's only after viewing some, with no changes made, this option disappears! How does that make it the default option.

Anyway. I'll try resetting it from within the options and see if this makes it keep the setting correctly... Other than that little bug it did seem pretty sweet for an eReader!
21st May 2014, 06:13 PM |#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazakore

Learn to read properly and reply in a reasonable manner. It's really not that hard a skill to master!

You have issues as this sort of personal attack is against the forum rules.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nook Touch General by ThreadRank