Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Long press the home button....

Tip us?

jackryan57
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default [Q] Long press the home button....

When I long press the home button a semi circle comes up and Google is at the top, no other icons. Can I add different apps to this? I think I've been through every menu, I just got the phone yesterday and I am still working on it.

Thanks!

garyd9
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackryan57 View Post
When I long press the home button a semi circle comes up and Google is at the top, no other icons. Can I add different apps to this? I think I've been through every menu, I just got the phone yesterday and I am still working on it.
Short answer: not without modifying the firmware. There might be a custom firmware (or "xposed" module) that has this as a feature. (However, I'm not personally aware of anything on the HTC One M8 that does it.)

For future reference, single questions with shorter answers should be posted in the device's Q&A section, not the general section. (If it's an open question involving a lot of conversation, it might be okay in 'general.')

Take care
Gary

Donations: I don't accept donations, but if you are feeling charitable, help a child by going to http://www.shrinershospitalsforchildren.org/
and click the "Donate Now" link at the top.