Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 40,408 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Popping sound between songs

Tip us?

irishfan3124
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Popping sound between songs

So I just got my S5 yesterday, it is all stock unrooted. When listening to music in the car, between songs, there is this popping sound. Not super annoying, but still it's not very pleasant to hear. Also happens when a notification sound goes off in the middle of a song, between the end of the notification sound and when the music starts again. Anyone else have this problem?
The Following User Says Thank You to irishfan3124 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xdm9mm
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan3124 View Post
So I just got my S5 yesterday, it is all stock unrooted. When listening to music in the car, between songs, there is this popping sound. Not super annoying, but still it's not very pleasant to hear. Also happens when a notification sound goes off in the middle of a song, between the end of the notification sound and when the music starts again. Anyone else have this problem?
Try resetting your phone if it stops the problem, otherwise, try flashing stock firmware, this will not trip your knox. If the issue is not resolved, return the handset for a replacement.
S4 LTE (M919) Stock 4.4.2

Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Note 3 Stock ROOTED TW 4.4.2 (XXUEND5) -returned for faulty screen /// N900T - returned for faulty screen and buzzing speaker.

Note 2 - Sold

S4 - FNB8 Stock rooted

S3 - TW 4.3 Stock rooted (Still awesome phone)

em0ney14
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Are you using Bluetooth? Could be an interference somewhere or your volume on the phone is turned up too loud.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

justanotherasian
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Is your phone connected to your car's speaker? Or are you just playing the music over your phone?

finotti
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I have the same problem. It is not too often, but it does happen every once in a while. I notice it more when connected to car speakers (via cable, no bluetooth). I am not sure if it happens with (regular, no bluetooth) headphones.

My phone is also stock, no root or anything. I've noticed the first time I tried it. I am not sure if I need to return it or not...

justanotherasian
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by finotti View Post
I have the same problem. It is not too often, but it does happen every once in a while. I notice it more when connected to car speakers (via cable, no bluetooth). I am not sure if it happens with (regular, no bluetooth) headphones.

My phone is also stock, no root or anything. I've noticed the first time I tried it. I am not sure if I need to return it or not...
It might be the cables. Though I have not experienced this with my phone, my earphones used to have the popping sounds and then one day one side just totally went off only to reconnect occasionally when I move it to a right bendy position, with the poppy sounds. So it might be the cables.
The Following User Says Thank You to justanotherasian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vvveith
Old
Thanks Meter 87

DONATE TO ME
Audio Click, pop, or stutter.

Quote:
Yes, always happens when using bluetooth over car speaker system. Turning on the screen will stop it from happening. From the information I have found here and on the web, the power saving that samsung wrote to help conserve battery let's the CPU go into a low power state when the phone's screen has been off for a period of time. But if you happen to be streaming music, it will start to skip, pop, or stutter. If you turn the screen on for a short period, don't even have to unlock the lock screen, it will stop misbehaving for the same short period of time. However, if you plug your phone in while driving, you can just leave the screen on and you should not experience the problem. Hope this helps, you can google it for more information.

Asus Transformer Prime/LG G3/Samsung Note 3
Stock Radio latest version
Latest Samsung Update
SanDisc SD 32G Class10