chromecast + bluestacks help needed

OP nij999

19th May 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Hi I posted this in the cast xbmc from computer to chromecast thread but haven't had a response so sorry for repeating it but I think there a few people who are having the same problem

I've seen youtube video's and people on hear talk about using bluestacks for xbmc and ace player but my bluestacks cant find my chromecast.

I've downloaded the chromecast app on bluestack but i get the message "no chromecast found on bluestacks" it seems it not searching my network which has two chromecast on

I've used bubbleupnp which finds my chromecast but whenever i try to cast anything nothing happens (ive used same links on my phone no problem at all)

any help would be appreciated

Thank you
20th May 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #2  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 481

3,122 posts
More
I think emulators have some sort of AP isolation going on that blocks the network discovery required to detect and control Chromecast. I was not able to cast from the Genymotion emulator either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
20th May 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 313

1,820 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmstlist

I think emulators have some sort of AP isolation going on that blocks the network discovery required to detect and control Chromecast. I was not able to cast from the Genymotion emulator either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Actually I think it because Blue Stacks operates as a VM and as a result uses a VM Network not actually connected to the real network.
21st May 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 864

2,222 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx

Actually I think it because Blue Stacks operates as a VM and as a result uses a VM Network not actually connected to the real network.

Yes, unless you have multiple NICs and can bridge a NIC to the VM so it can use it directly, the NAT translation usually stops anything multicast or broadcast, which is what most discovery uses.
21st May 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 313

1,820 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiga

Yes, unless you have multiple NICs and can bridge a NIC to the VM so it can use it directly, the NAT translation usually stops anything multicast or broadcast, which is what most discovery uses.

Not even sure that is possible...
There are virtually no network settings inside BluStacks and I see no additional VM Network adapter (in Windows) to bridge to any interface.
I think it is just creating it's own adapter inside the VM and there is no way to change those settings at the moment.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread