FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Want Big Games on GPad using external? (Solved)

16th January 2014, 10:02 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manila City
Thanks Meter: 205

More
Used Folder Mount app and you can now store games on your external just follow the steps

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192122

Hit Thanks if this helps

16th January 2014, 12:33 PM |#2  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Folder mount lets you mount 3 folders and doesnt let you mount obb files unless you pay for the full version. GL2SD is free.
17th January 2014, 01:04 AM |#3  
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 109

More
+1 for Folder Mount. Reason being is that it's not just for games. Can be used for any large folder and is extremely easy to use. Yes it does require you to upgrade to premium for more than 3 folders but it's only $1.99. Also developer is still active and responsive on the forums. It had an issue initially with the G PAD that didn't allow updates via Play. Reported it to him and he quickly fixed it.
22nd January 2014, 05:22 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This was the biggest flaw with the g pad 8.3 for people like me who like to play games on there tablet. A few big ones installed and the internal storage would be almost completely filled up and you can't install apps by default to the sd card making the 64ghost I bought meaning less. But luckily this app exist I'm only using the free version to move my biggest game over for now but I think I will get premium.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
22nd January 2014, 09:46 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
gl2sd is a better solution for this purpose..
22nd January 2014, 01:03 PM |#6  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Headshot

This was the biggest flaw with the g pad 8.3 for people like me who like to play games on there tablet. A few big ones installed and the internal storage would be almost completely filled up and you can't install apps by default to the sd card making the 64ghost I bought meaning less. But luckily this app exist I'm only using the free version to move my biggest game over for now but I think I will get premium.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

this is not an issue of gpad, google changed this in newer versions of android so that you can not install games or apps to sd card. But luckily we have root and mounting apps
20th May 2014, 07:47 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
http://winaero.com/blog/unlock-exter...id-4-4-kitkat/

Does anyone tried this method?

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app
21st May 2014, 07:50 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I believe that change mentioned in the article you linked just makes it so that apps can write to the SD card, but doesn't force an app/game/etc. to do so. This hack that the OP is talking about seems to allow linking of any path on the internal storage to external SD (or at least most). Pretty interesting.
The Following User Says Thank You to IBJamon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread