Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Want Big Games on GPad using external? (Solved)

Tip us?

DracoPiece
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Default Want Big Games on GPad using external? (Solved)

Used Folder Mount app and you can now store games on your external just follow the steps

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192122

Hit Thanks if this helps

katsika
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Folder mount lets you mount 3 folders and doesnt let you mount obb files unless you pay for the full version. GL2SD is free.

cbb77
Old
Thanks Meter 85
+1 for Folder Mount. Reason being is that it's not just for games. Can be used for any large folder and is extremely easy to use. Yes it does require you to upgrade to premium for more than 3 folders but it's only $1.99. Also developer is still active and responsive on the forums. It had an issue initially with the G PAD that didn't allow updates via Play. Reported it to him and he quickly fixed it.

DJ_Headshot
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This was the biggest flaw with the g pad 8.3 for people like me who like to play games on there tablet. A few big ones installed and the internal storage would be almost completely filled up and you can't install apps by default to the sd card making the 64ghost I bought meaning less. But luckily this app exist I'm only using the free version to move my biggest game over for now but I think I will get premium.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

kimzplaze
Old
Thanks Meter 17
gl2sd is a better solution for this purpose..

katsika
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Headshot View Post
This was the biggest flaw with the g pad 8.3 for people like me who like to play games on there tablet. A few big ones installed and the internal storage would be almost completely filled up and you can't install apps by default to the sd card making the 64ghost I bought meaning less. But luckily this app exist I'm only using the free version to move my biggest game over for now but I think I will get premium.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
this is not an issue of gpad, google changed this in newer versions of android so that you can not install games or apps to sd card. But luckily we have root and mounting apps

seventhworl
Old
Thanks Meter 34
http://winaero.com/blog/unlock-exter...id-4-4-kitkat/

Does anyone tried this method?

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app
Press Thanks if I helped
-|- DEVICE: MK16i, IYOKAN, BB: 77 -|- KERNEL: Depending on Rom... -|- ROM: ... -|-
---Thanks to developers and people who are helpfull and willing to share their knowledge!!!---

IBJamon
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I believe that change mentioned in the article you linked just makes it so that apps can write to the SD card, but doesn't force an app/game/etc. to do so. This hack that the OP is talking about seems to allow linking of any path on the internal storage to external SD (or at least most). Pretty interesting.

The Following User Says Thank You to IBJamon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]