Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 48,672 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Strange shade on tablet's screen

Tip us?

Arlicc
Old
(Last edited by Arlicc; 21st May 2014 at 08:23 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy [Q] Strange shade on tablet's screen

Hello, few weeks ago i have noticed a strange shade in corner of my screen, The device that contain the screen is Galaxy tab P7320.
The shade looks like between glass and LCD screen, LCD's light passes throught it.
The shade looks like bunch of dark dots.

This is image of the shade, its is darker in real.
http://i.imgur.com/GWwNoMU.jpg

Anyone know what it is? Can i send it to warranty service?

ps. I have never hit the tablet to the ground or something similiar.
ROM what i have made: ICHI ROM for GT-P7320
If you want thanks me just click thanks or donate me if you can, donate link:: DONATE

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlicc View Post
Hello, few weeks ago i have noticed a strange shade in corner of my screen, The device that contain the screen is Galaxy tab P7320.
The shade looks like between glass and LCD screen, LCD's light passes throught it.
The shade looks like bunch of dark dots.

This is image of the shade, its is darker in real.
http://i.imgur.com/GWwNoMU.jpg

Anyone know what it is? Can i send it to warranty service?

ps. I have never hit the tablet to the ground or something similiar.
The OG galaxy tab is getting old, samsung expected us to upgrade to one of their "newer" "Better" tablets. it looks like to me they might be dead pixels, the lcd could just be going bad. i dont think you could send it for warranty service, the device is old and the warranty probably expired 2 years ago since im guessing it came out in 2010/11. if you do decide to get a upgrade, Do not get a Galaxy tab 2, its not a bad tablet honestly, but the CPU they put in it is worst the the first Galaxy tab 10.1
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat (4.4.2) XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113
Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.2) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations on amazon?
Chromecast
Stock
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)

Arlicc
Old
(Last edited by Arlicc; 21st May 2014 at 08:46 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul View Post
The OG galaxy tab is getting old, samsung expected us to upgrade to one of their "newer" "Better" tablets. it looks like to me they might be dead pixels, the lcd could just be going bad. i dont think you could send it for warranty service, the device is old and the warranty probably expired 2 years ago since im guessing it came out in 2010/11. if you do decide to get a upgrade, Do not get a Galaxy tab 2, its not a bad tablet honestly, but the CPU they put in it is worst the the first Galaxy tab 10.1
I have stample of the shop where i had bought on warranty card, and it says "02.09.2012", i think warranty is 2 years old, therefore i should be able to send it.
Anyway, color are passing the shade, therefore the shade isn't bunch of dead pixels, and dead pixels can't be see when tablet is turned off.
At a angle, it looks like between glasss and LCD panel.
ROM what i have made: ICHI ROM for GT-P7320
If you want thanks me just click thanks or donate me if you can, donate link:: DONATE