Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,164 Members 49,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Themes with folders?

Tip us?

Lumosx
Old
(Last edited by Lumosx; 19th May 2014 at 05:48 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Themes with folders?

I got Themer today, and I really love how a lot of them look, but I ended up sticking with my plain stock because I like to have most things on the home screen in folders. I tried making a folder, but it didn't work.

Are there any themes that incorporate folders? Did I just do it incorrectly or are they not an option? I realize you can go into apps, and then use the categories, but I'd much rather have them on my home screen.

Plus, if I have an app, like my flashlight, that I really need on my home screen for accessibility, it's kind of obnoxious against the pretty, cohesive theme, and sticks out. If there was a folder I could stick it in on the home screen that matched the rest of the theme, it would look better. Does that make sense? I might just be rambling now.

It's a really cool app though, I like that you can do these things without rooting, I didn't realize that was possible. (My noob is showing... :P )

ThemerSupport
Old
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumosx View Post
I got Themer today, and I really love how a lot of them look, but I ended up sticking with my plain stock because I like to have most things on the home screen in folders. I tried making a folder, but it didn't work.

Are there any themes that incorporate folders? Did I just do it incorrectly or are they not an option? I realize you can go into apps, and then use the categories, but I'd much rather have them on my home screen.

Plus, if I have an app, like my flashlight, that I really need on my home screen for accessibility, it's kind of obnoxious against the pretty, cohesive theme, and sticks out. If there was a folder I could stick it in on the home screen that matched the rest of the theme, it would look better. Does that make sense? I might just be rambling now.

It's a really cool app though, I like that you can do these things without rooting, I didn't realize that was possible. (My noob is showing... :P )
Hi Lumosx,

With Themer, there are multiple ways of adding folders.

First, you can drag and drop apps from the app drawer onto one you've already added. To do this:
1. Drag an app onto the app drawer that you'd like in your folder.
2. Then drag another app next to it; a popup may appear asking you to unlock widgets.
3. Select Yes and open the Desktop menu and deselect Lock homescreeen Icons.
You're now able to drag icons into one another, creating folders accordingly.

Alternatively, you can use Smart Category folders. These are the categories you see in the app drawer, and adding one of these does come with some advantages. To add one:
1. Long press on the homescreen > Advanced > Desktop > Unlock homescreen Icons.
2. Long press on the homescreen > Smart Categories > choose your preferred category.
3. Tap the icon > Select the overflow icon (3-dot icon) > Manage, in order to manually add/remove apps.
Now this category will be saved for every theme that you use.

To change the look of a folder (with both methods), long press on the icon > Edit > then select an icon either from selected packs or a simple image. Let us know if you need to find an image/icon to match your theme.

Hope this helps!

-Marco
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThemerSupport For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lumosx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I got it to work, thank you very much! I'm very happy with it now.

One more question: The only issue I have now is that there's one particular widget that tells me it's already added when I try to put it on the screen, but it's not actually there. Do you know what the problem could be? It came with the phone (Walkmate) if that matters.

ThemerSupport
Old
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumosx View Post
I got it to work, thank you very much! I'm very happy with it now.

One more question: The only issue I have now is that there's one particular widget that tells me it's already added when I try to put it on the screen, but it's not actually there. Do you know what the problem could be? It came with the phone (Walkmate) if that matters.
What's your device and the widget called? We want to see if we can replicate this issue.
Also does it happen with all themes or one specific theme?
Lastly, is there room for the widget? What may happen is that a widget might take up the whole screen, not allowing for any widgets to be added. Deleting all the widgets on the page and try to add this widget will help us figure out what's causing the problem.
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.

Lumosx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have a Galaxy S3, the widget is Walkmate. It should fit, it's small and I have at least half the screen free. I tried when the screen was blank as well. The theme is Frosted Glass. I tried using a random theme as well and it still didn't work (it was Hi-Tech).

It's not a huge issue or anything.