Originally Posted by Lumosx
I got Themer today, and I really love how a lot of them look, but I ended up sticking with my plain stock because I like to have most things on the home screen in folders. I tried making a folder, but it didn't work.
Are there any themes that incorporate folders? Did I just do it incorrectly or are they not an option? I realize you can go into apps, and then use the categories, but I'd much rather have them on my home screen.
Plus, if I have an app, like my flashlight, that I really need on my home screen for accessibility, it's kind of obnoxious against the pretty, cohesive theme, and sticks out. If there was a folder I could stick it in on the home screen that matched the rest of the theme, it would look better. Does that make sense? I might just be rambling now.
It's a really cool app though, I like that you can do these things without rooting, I didn't realize that was possible. (My noob is showing... :P )
With Themer, there are multiple ways of adding folders.
First, you can drag and drop apps from the app drawer onto one you've already added. To do this:
1. Drag an app onto the app drawer that you'd like in your folder.
2. Then drag another app next to it; a popup may appear asking you to unlock widgets.
3. Select Yes and open the Desktop menu and deselect Lock homescreeen Icons.
You're now able to drag icons into one another, creating folders accordingly.
Alternatively, you can use Smart Category folders. These are the categories you see in the app drawer, and adding one of these does come with some advantages. To add one:
1. Long press on the homescreen > Advanced > Desktop > Unlock homescreen Icons.
2. Long press on the homescreen > Smart Categories > choose your preferred category.
3. Tap the icon > Select the overflow icon (3-dot icon) > Manage, in order to manually add/remove apps.
Now this category will be saved for every theme that you use.
To change the look of a folder (with both methods), long press on the icon > Edit > then select an icon either from selected packs or a simple image. Let us know if you need to find an image/icon to match your theme.
Hope this helps!