Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 51,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] need help with touchwiz!!!! Please help!

Tip us?

v418h4v
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] need help with touchwiz!!!! Please help!

Hi guys im a galaxy s2 gt-i9100 user and i run touchwiz launcher and i wanted to know why my wallpaper becomes low quality after it has been set as homescreen. when i get my wallpaper from the internet they look very good and high quality but when i set it as homescreen it looks a little low quality can you please help me! I like touchwiz i dont want any other launchers or roms please help!

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,527

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by v418h4v View Post
Hi guys im a galaxy s2 gt-i9100 user and i run touchwiz launcher and i wanted to know why my wallpaper becomes low quality after it has been set as homescreen. when i get my wallpaper from the internet they look very good and high quality but when i set it as homescreen it looks a little low quality can you please help me! I like touchwiz i dont want any other launchers or roms please help!
The main thing is the wallpapers you find online end up getting scaled down to match the resolution of the launcher which is different then the wallpapers online like I mentioned causing the slightly lower quality. Also the way Touchwiz launcher crops wallpapers can make the wallpapers come out looking weird sometimes.

v418h4v
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208 View Post
The main thing is the wallpapers you find online end up getting scaled down to match the resolution of the launcher which is different then the wallpapers online like I mentioned causing the slightly lower quality. Also the way Touchwiz launcher crops wallpapers can make the wallpapers come out looking weird sometimes.
Cant i use a different cropper that can crop the wallpapers better because everytime i crop i see alot of wallpaper being wasted and i only get a little part of it on the homescreen

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,527

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by v418h4v View Post
Cant i use a different cropper that can crop the wallpapers better because everytime i crop i see alot of wallpaper being wasted and i only get a little part of it on the homescreen
You could crop them in any image editing program, the problem is the Touchwiz launcher will want to crop things further when you go to apply the wallpaper.