Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,316 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Feature Request] New Theme Chooser

Tip us?
 
Tyrany
Old
#1  
Tyrany's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253
Posts: 538
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default [Feature Request] New Theme Chooser

Is there any chance to see the new Theme chooser merged into rom? Thanks

Enviado do meu Nexus 5 através de Tapatalk
From the shadows a berserk paranoid nexus arise XD

The Following User Says Thank You to Tyrany For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Eldmor
Old
#2  
Eldmor's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 33
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Espoo, Finland
I also would like to have an official response to this.
 
dcx3
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 52
Join Date: Feb 2009
Another plus one here
 
jonnycarter
Old
#4  
jonnycarter's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 98
Join Date: Oct 2010
+1
+1
+1
 
Pirateghost
Old
#5  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6747
Posts: 10,357
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
With the memory leak and all?

Great idea!


/s

Sent from my Nexus 5
 
Tyrany
Old
#6  
Tyrany's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253
Posts: 538
Join Date: Sep 2011
I know @Pirateghost the team is against it but since there are lots of users that appreciate it why not make an addon like .zip to add it and pa team state that bugs from engine are not supported?

Enviado do meu Nexus 5 através de Tapatalk
From the shadows a berserk paranoid nexus arise XD

 
Pirateghost
Old
#7  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6747
Posts: 10,357
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrany View Post
I know @Pirateghost the team is against it but since there are lots of users that appreciate it why not make an addon like .zip to add it and pa team state that bugs from engine are not supported?

Enviado do meu Nexus 5 através de Tapatalk
Theme engine is a lot of work to integrate. A simple zip file doesn't even seem feasible considering all the changes required for it to work. We have to compile the whole ROM with all the elements. There are a couple of guys digging into how difficult it is to implement. So far it's been a struggle.

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to Pirateghost For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Tyrany
Old
#8  
Tyrany's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 253
Posts: 538
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost View Post
Theme engine is a lot of work to integrate. A simple zip file doesn't even seem feasible considering all the changes required for it to work. We have to compile the whole ROM with all the elements. There are a couple of guys digging into how difficult it is to implement. So far it's been a struggle.

Sent from my Nexus 5
SOmeone made it but just for note 3 =S http://www.android-hilfe.de/aosp-aok...5-05-14-a.html
From the shadows a berserk paranoid nexus arise XD

 
Pirateghost
Old
#9  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6747
Posts: 10,357
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrany View Post
SOmeone made it but just for note 3 =S http://www.android-hilfe.de/aosp-aok...5-05-14-a.html
Because every non nexus device is built from cm base. We already have seen aospa-legacy with TE.

Basically, duh. Using cm allows for theme engine to be dropped in easily

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Secrecy Goes Open Source, Assures File Encryption

As some of you may remember, a while back we spoke about Secrecy, an effective file … more

[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more

Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more

Add Bits and Pieces of Honami to Your Current ROM

In the last few months, we’ve talked about quite a few Sony Honami-related projects. … more