Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Can't boot normally with TWRP

OP Megaiamepic

13th May 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Hi. I recently rooted my phone Xperia S (LT26i) and unlocked its bootloader. I had installed CWM and TWRP recovery in the phone and I have ADB and Fastboot(Android SDK) in my computer. I had earlier flashed CWM but it wasn't working so I flashed TWRP. I had downloaded a custom ROM and Gapps in the PC and I extracted the zip files and copied them into the phone (this was a mistake). I went into TWRP and did factory reset, erased cache and wiped dalvik cache unknowingly Now I can't flash ROM or Gapps and I cannot boot normally. Earlier, ADB used to recognize the device and now it doesn't. When I turn on the phone, the Sony logo appears and pink light glows. But it doesn't go beyond that. It repeatedly restarts the phone till the splash screen. Now I can't boot the phone normally Please help, guys.

P.S. I saw a post suggesting to enter a code in the Terminal module of TWRP but it's not working.
14th May 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 1
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaiamepic

Hi. I recently rooted my phone Xperia S (LT26i) and unlocked its bootloader. I had installed CWM and TWRP recovery in the phone and I have ADB and Fastboot(Android SDK) in my computer. I had earlier flashed CWM but it wasn't working so I flashed TWRP. I had downloaded a custom ROM and Gapps in the PC and I extracted the zip files and copied them into the phone (this was a mistake). I went into TWRP and did factory reset, erased cache and wiped dalvik cache unknowingly Now I can't flash ROM or Gapps and I cannot boot normally. Earlier, ADB used to recognize the device and now it doesn't. When I turn on the phone, the Sony logo appears and pink light glows. But it doesn't go beyond that. It repeatedly restarts the phone till the splash screen. Now I can't boot the phone normally Please help, guys.

P.S. I saw a post suggesting to enter a code in the Terminal module of TWRP but it's not working.

I'v got almost similar problem right now, but beyond that I'v flashed custom kernel to mine.

I hope someone will post here soon

edit: the kernel name is Open SEMC
but I think I can get to fast boot, so changing kernel should not be problem. But how to get some ROM to the phone, when I can't connect it anyhow?
Last edited by fipsix; 14th May 2014 at 03:06 AM. Reason: edit kernel name
14th May 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #3  
Mirhawk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 221
 
563 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaiamepic

Earlier, ADB used to recognize the device and now it doesn't. When I turn on the phone, the Sony logo appears and pink light glows. But it doesn't go beyond that. It repeatedly restarts the phone till the splash screen. Now I can't boot the phone normally Please help, guys.
P.S. I saw a post suggesting to enter a code in the Terminal module of TWRP but it's not working.

What do You menan by now not recognizing in adb? While being in adb? Are You able to boot to twrp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fipsix

I'v got almost similar problem right now, but beyond that I'v flashed custom kernel to mine.
I hope someone will post here soon
edit: the kernel name is Open SEMC
but I think I can get to fast boot, so changing kernel should not be problem. But how to get some ROM to the phone, when I can't connect it anyhow?

If You both are able to boot into recovery(twrp), I recommend You boot into twrp, connect the phone to pc. Then Let the drivers install. After it, start the adb, use this command to command to check if Your device is connected:

Code:
adb devices
Copy the ROM zip to the folder of adb.
Then push the file to sdcard using:

Code:
adb push finlename.zip /sdcard
where filename.zip is Your ROM.
14th May 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk

What do You menan by now not recognizing in adb? While being in adb? Are You able to boot to twrp?



If You both are able to boot into recovery(twrp), I recommend You boot into twrp, connect the phone to pc. Then Let the drivers install. After it, start the adb, use this command to command to check if Your device is connected:

Code:
adb devices
Copy the ROM zip to the folder of adb.
Then push the file to sdcard using:

Code:
adb push finlename.zip /sdcard
where filename.zip is Your ROM.


I tried using the adb command but it says "error device not found"
14th May 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #5  
Mirhawk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 221
 
563 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaiamepic

I tried using the adb command but it says "error device not found"

You are using windows, right? Do You see the phone connected in the "Device Manager"? It might but under "Other Devices" by the name "Sony Xperia S"
15th May 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 1
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk

You are using windows, right? Do You see the phone connected in the "Device Manager"? It might but under "Other Devices" by the name "Sony Xperia S"

That's what I've done in the end. Bud I had problem with drivers for my xperia, it seemed that drivers were wrong or something. So I uninstalled them, downloaded new one and voila
15th May 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #7  
Mirhawk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 221
 
563 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fipsix

That's what I've done in the end. Bud I had problem with drivers for my xperia, it seemed that drivers were wrong or something. So I uninstalled them, downloaded new one and voila

Do post which drivers You installed with a link. It might help the other member.
21st May 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 1
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk

Do post which drivers You installed with a link. It might help the other member.

Ooh sorry, totally forgot about that. I dont have direct link, but I will upload them somewhere tommorow.
21st May 2014, 10:29 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 1
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
drivers
I hope those are the right ones, because I donwloaded tons of em

http://ulozto.cz/x4tSiM6N/drivers-fa...is-ribeiro-rar

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes