Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 52,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kindle Fire HD 7" 11.3.2.2 root?

Tip us?

mdelzell
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Kindle Fire HD 7" 11.3.2.2 root?

I recently got a Kindle Fire HD 7" and was curious if there is a 11.3.2.2 root. I plan on flashing CM11 or some other form of a 4.4 KitKat rom.

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 605

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdelzell View Post
I recently got a Kindle Fire HD 7" and was curious if there is a 11.3.2.2 root. I plan on flashing CM11 or some other form of a 4.4 KitKat rom.
That is the 2013 kindle fire hd, its not flashable, well it is but only with a kindlewater rom because we can't get around it's locked bootloaded. So because of this we can't flash a custom kernel, and there are no 4.4 based roms available for it. I'm not the best with memorizing info about the 2013 but it should be rootable, i don't remember which version of the os wasn't rootable but all in all even the latest os can be rooted, but you need a fastboot cable first which i assume downgrades it then roots it, or maybe not idk.
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
The Following User Says Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]