Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 50,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Yahoo mail requires sign-in everytime after updated to Kitkat

Tip us?

duelei
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Yahoo mail requires sign-in everytime after updated to Kitkat

Hi there,

I have a Samsung S4 T-Mobile version with OTA updated to Android 4.4.2. After the update, the Yahoo mail app I installed asks for sign-in everytime when I restart the phone. It is very inconvenient to do that each time when I turn on the phone. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3812
Quote:
Originally Posted by duelei View Post
Hi there,

I have a Samsung S4 T-Mobile version with OTA updated to Android 4.4.2. After the update, the Yahoo mail app I installed asks for sign-in everytime when I restart the phone. It is very inconvenient to do that each time when I turn on the phone. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thanks!
Is Yahoo added as an account in the main settings or the phone?

Go there and then recheck your account settings. Make sure the password and username are correct. I think if the phone has your wrong password or something, it would cause Yahoo to promot for a password.

That account info could have gotten screwed up during the update.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

duelei
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
Is Yahoo added as an account in the main settings or the phone?

Go there and then recheck your account settings. Make sure the password and username are correct. I think if the phone has your wrong password or something, it would cause Yahoo to promot for a password.

That account info could have gotten screwed up during the update.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I added my Yahoo account by going to Settings-Accounts-Add account-Yahoo. It works fine while the phone is on. As soon as I turn it off or restart it, the Yahoo mail app asks for sign in if I launch this app.

Is this just my phone or other people have the same issue as I do?

Android_Monsters
Old
Thanks Meter 871

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Android_Monsters For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]